Best Tape for PET Bottles

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
Rocket_Scientist
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Best Tape for PET Bottles

Post by Rocket_Scientist »

I am looking for opinions on what is the best tape...

I am currently using Gorilla Tape, I bought it at WalMart pretty much for the name.

I want to use the tape to 'splice' the pressure vessel bottle to payload / parachute bottle.

The tape should be durable of course, and semi permanent, as I like to change my mind.
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Best Tape for PET Bottles

Post by WRA2 »

Use electrician's tape. It is low cost, strong enough, semi permanent, does not leave "residue" when disassembling and comes in multiple colors (to match the color scheme of your rocket.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
anoymous

Re: Best Tape for PET Bottles

Post by anoymous »

WRA2 wrote:Use electrician's tape. It is low cost, strong enough, semi permanent, does not leave "residue" when disassembling and comes in multiple colors (to match the color scheme of your rocket.
AG
We used this tape. Be careful with it tough, as it won't survive too many crashes
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Sorry for malconstructions in my sentences, I am Belgian. And I was never good at making easy sentences.