Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

Which adhesive???

Members post instructions to construct water rockets, launchers, deployment systems, staging mechanisms, splicing bottles, and payloads.
r1ch

Which adhesive???

Post by r1ch » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:37 pm

Hi guys, I'm in the uk and I need to know which adhesive is best to join my bottles together. I know PL Premium is most commonly used but I would need to import it and that is expensive. Any help is appreciated!

Alien Space Agency
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Which adhesive???

Post by Alien Space Agency » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:38 am

I live in PH and have the same problem. I use 24hr epoxy (Araldite, I assume) in replacement for the PL. Although it holds a lower pressure, it's a good alternative when using pressures below 120psi.

Nothing can stop a curious mind from inventing- Anonymous

r1ch

Post by r1ch » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:05 am

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realise it would be so difficult to choose the correct adhesive haha

anoymous

Post by anoymous » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:42 pm

Bison has some good glues. I've seen someone recommend this one:
http://www.bison.net/en/products/647-2- ... -bisonite/

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Sorry for malconstructions in my sentences, I am Belgian. And I was never good at making easy sentences.

rockhopper
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by rockhopper » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:42 pm

Has anyone tried Gorilla Grab Adhesive?
It looks very similar to PL Premium, and more importantly you can get it in the UK!

RH