Introducing the "How To" Forum

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Introducing the "How To" Forum

Post by WRA2 »

This forum will be for members to post detailed instructions on the "how to's" in building water rockets, Launchers, Deployment systems and payloads. In the past there were some very good tutorials posted on personal websites and mailing lists. Over time as hobbyists come and go and free services change these were lost. Now this will be the centralized place for everyone to go for tutorials on water rocket instructions.

Please post written instructions along with photos or videos. Please post the written instructions in the "comment field" in the attachment post (this will ensure that the written instructions stay synchronized with the photos.

If anyone has a tutorial that was already posted in another area on this forum please notify me so that I can move it here.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Introducing the "How To" Forum

Post by Tim Chen »

WRA2 wrote:This forum will be for members to post detailed instructions on the "how to's" in building water rockets, Launchers, Deployment systems and payloads. In the past there were some very good tutorials posted on personal websites and mailing lists. Over time as hobbyists come and go and free services change these were lost. Now this will be the centralized place for everyone to go for tutorials on water rocket instructions.

Please post written instructions along with photos or videos. Please post the written instructions in the "comment field" in the attachment post (this will ensure that the written instructions stay synchronized with the photos.

If anyone has a tutorial that was already posted in another area on this forum please notify me so that I can move it here.

Cool! This is a great idea! Thanks!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
lawrence

Post by lawrence »

hi, M lawrence from India ....m an astronomer and rocketry enthusiast..i just started with water rocketry but have bit confusions at certain stages..i hope u guys will provide good support here...thanks to all...
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

lawrence wrote:hi, M lawrence from India ....m an astronomer and rocketry enthusiast..i just started with water rocketry but have bit confusions at certain stages..i hope u guys will provide good support here...thanks to all...
Sure thing! If you have any questions, just ask!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

Can you tell me a reliable way to stage that does not require ftc or balloons or strange valves and is quick to make?
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Can you tell me a reliable way to stage that does not require ftc or balloons or strange valves and is quick to make?
The simplest staging mechanism is a type called the "crushing sleeve" staging mechanism. It's pretty simple in operation, and it is not too hard to build. There is only how simple you can make this kind of device.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
ChocolateFudgeCake
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

2 stage water rocket

Post by ChocolateFudgeCake »

I have been looking at waterockets.com 2 stage water rockets. I don't really get the design of the stager. Can someone explain that to me, and how I can build a 2 stage water rocket?
Thank you so much,
ChocolateFudge