Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

Introducing the "How To" Forum

Members post instructions to construct water rockets, launchers, deployment systems, staging mechanisms, splicing bottles, and payloads.
Post Reply
User avatar
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:30 pm

Introducing the "How To" Forum

Post by WRA2 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:48 pm

This forum will be for members to post detailed instructions on the "how to's" in building water rockets, Launchers, Deployment systems and payloads. In the past there were some very good tutorials posted on personal websites and mailing lists. Over time as hobbyists come and go and free services change these were lost. Now this will be the centralized place for everyone to go for tutorials on water rocket instructions.

Please post written instructions along with photos or videos. Please post the written instructions in the "comment field" in the attachment post (this will ensure that the written instructions stay synchronized with the photos.

If anyone has a tutorial that was already posted in another area on this forum please notify me so that I can move it here.


Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:

User avatar
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 871
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:44 am

Re: Introducing the "How To" Forum

Post by Tim Chen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:18 pm

WRA2 wrote:This forum will be for members to post detailed instructions on the "how to's" in building water rockets, Launchers, Deployment systems and payloads. In the past there were some very good tutorials posted on personal websites and mailing lists. Over time as hobbyists come and go and free services change these were lost. Now this will be the centralized place for everyone to go for tutorials on water rocket instructions.

Please post written instructions along with photos or videos. Please post the written instructions in the "comment field" in the attachment post (this will ensure that the written instructions stay synchronized with the photos.

If anyone has a tutorial that was already posted in another area on this forum please notify me so that I can move it here.


Cool! This is a great idea! Thanks!


Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise

lawrence
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:57 pm

Re: Introducing the "How To" Forum

Post by lawrence » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:03 pm

hi, M lawrence from India ....m an astronomer and rocketry enthusiast..i just started with water rocketry but have bit confusions at certain stages..i hope u guys will provide good support here...thanks to all...



User avatar
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:24 pm

Re: Introducing the "How To" Forum

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:15 pm

lawrence wrote:hi, M lawrence from India ....m an astronomer and rocketry enthusiast..i just started with water rocketry but have bit confusions at certain stages..i hope u guys will provide good support here...thanks to all...
Sure thing! If you have any questions, just ask!


Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison

User avatar
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 621
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:39 am

Re: Introducing the "How To" Forum

Post by Water Rocket Expert » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:39 pm

Can you tell me a reliable way to stage that does not require ftc or balloons or strange valves and is quick to make?


Water Rocket Expert
I'm 18
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

User avatar
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:24 pm

Re: Introducing the "How To" Forum

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:03 am

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Can you tell me a reliable way to stage that does not require ftc or balloons or strange valves and is quick to make?
The simplest staging mechanism is a type called the "crushing sleeve" staging mechanism. It's pretty simple in operation, and it is not too hard to build. There is only how simple you can make this kind of device.


Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison

Post Reply