Tree Recovery

Who invented it, who was first etc. This forum will be for members to hash out disagreements. Please keep all disagreements within this forum and keep the discussions civil (no profanity please).
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Urgent Safety Warning for Air Command

Post by Team Seneca »

Andromeda wrote:
Team Seneca wrote: Hey smartypants I never claimed that I invented it, did I? If you read what he said he claimed one of his friends inspired him to come up with the thing. The issue I have is that other people have been doing this for years. I've had it on my flight computer for the better part of the last decade! I think it was even discussed on this forum but I can't find it right now. I did a quick google and found at least one reference to a servo parachute tree release right here: http://www.harrison-croft.com/spitfire/ (near the bottom of the page). I've shown more examples I can count of Air Command Water Rockets trying to steal inventions and use them for shameless self promotion. I can't believe you would defend this con artist. Don't be a sucker.

What's he going to release next? The "Katz Zip Tie Launcher" and the "Air Command Squished Tube Staging Mechanism"? Maybe if you continue to act like a fanboy psychophant he'll reward you with more of these innovations?
That's going a bit far, isn't it? There is always a lot of duplication of efforts in this biz. Everybody is eventually going to come up with the same ideas. George is on here and hardly ever talks anymore. He's probably not going to ever share anything with us now that any idea is going to get scrutinized like you do! Way to go!
I think you have it all wrong, buddy. He doesn't post here because he knows that he can come here and cherry pick good ideas and then put them in his own rockets and not have to credit someone else with the idea. By being a non participant, he can say "I thought of it on my own and never saw it on the forum because I hardly ever go there."

Don't you think it rather odd that he would wait until the MSN group was gone and all the messages lost before rehashing the idea and trying to say he just thought of it? Well, if you're internet savvy you can recall the deep cached data on google and still see the conversation:

http://74.125.93.104/search?q=cache:X5L ... clnk&gl=us

It sure looks like he waited until he though it was safe to post his idea elsewhere and take credit.

Bear in mind that this is just one of MANY things he does to the work of other people for his own aggrandizement. I'm not the only victim here.
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Urgent Safety Warning for Air Command

Post by Team Seneca »

chriswaterrockets wrote:Hey Smartypant Bill...
Neither did George, He never claimed to have invented it. All he does is posting his work on the internet.
He said it on another forum. Don't you think he could have worded it a little better so as not to look like he came up with the concept? Besides that there's the question of why he would wait for MSN to close and then bring up the idea as if this was the first time it was discussed.

"George Katz" <air.command@...> wrote:
>
> In chatting to Mat G. this week, he described how his rocket got stuck
> in a tree flying one of the computers(FC). I thought that the FC should
> at least be able to try to help in such a situation. We all love rocket
> eating trees right?
>
> We put together a Parachute Detachment Mechanism prototype (DetMech)
> that allows the rocket to automatically let go of the parachute cord
> after a predetermined time. The servo is just connected to the other
I'm kinda getting sick of this discussion and this forum, for example why is air command listed only as a "registered user" and not as an advanced one....????
I never noticed and wouldn't know. I thought the ranks were based on participation in the forum or lack thereof.
As to the flour rockets, I talked to him and he is well aware of what can happen with flour. He knows what he's doing! so long
So you're saying that he knowingly let his kids jump in a fuel air mixture? I never said the guy was that dumb. It wouln't surprise me after seeing his rockets crashing a few feet from his kids or how he has them run after a crashing rocket (what are they going to do, catch it?)

I never said he wasn't a smart guy. If he was aware of the danger he never would have let that happen and and would have mentioned the danger in his video or something. Like most really smart people he seems to lack common sense.

I'm sure now that after the dangers have been pointed out to him he's aware of the situation and in the future he will warn people of the danger and in all likelihood he will be sure and imply that he got the idea on his own or from one of his launching buddies.
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Tree Recovery

Post by Team Seneca »

chriswaterrockets wrote:Sorry you guys, I lost my temper... :oops:
Steve, you're a nice guy, thanks for the reminder about my behaviour.
Lisa, Sorry I didn't tell you about the registered user issue in a normal way.
My beef isn't with you. I don't want to come off as arguing with you, especially over something someone who's not really even a contributor here. He's argued with me in the past and I know he's acting the way he is to provoke me.

You can't deny that it's really suspicious that things people post on here show up on his blog within a week or two as prototype designs, can you?

Sometimes I let it slide but other times he goes too far and I can't bite my tongue. I'm sure if he talked to you then you got a carefully worded single side of the story.

The real pisser is that I have some designs I don't have time to fully develop and now I am afraid to post the concepts anyplace because I fear he will adopt them and put videos of prototypes up and then make it look like he thought of it. He knows full well that more people will automatically credit HIM for the idea if he make a prototype first.

This is about giving credit where credit is due and being honest! Nothing against you.
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

I made my point. I don't want to piss people off. I'm done.
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Andromeda

Post by Andromeda »

Team Seneca wrote:I'm done.
It's about time.

Now can we get back to talking about water rockets?

:mrgreen:
Andromeda
No matter where you go, there you are.
- Buckaroo Bansia
air.command

Post by air.command »

Let this be a valuable lesson. If you are going to publish anything water rocket related outside this forum be prepared to be personally attacked, have false and deliberately misleading information leveled against you. We have a choice, either engage in irrational arguments here as was just demonstrated (Thanks for the MSN reference Tim) or go out and enjoy building and flying rockets. We choose to do the latter and we will continue to share our experiences with the water rocket community, and encourage others to do the same. We also fully realize that these attacks on our team will continue, that's just how it is. The vast majority of members here are decent people, it's a pity a few choose to spoil it.

If people are interested in our response to the serious allegations and misinformation presented here, we would be happy to forward you the compiled list with all the supporting evidence and let you make up your own mind.
http://www.AirCommandRockets.com
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

I'd be more interested in hearing the lame excuses in a public debate rather than the one sided politics that will be handed out in private where they cannot be disputed with facts. :P
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Andrewlee
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Andrewlee »

oh goodness, here we go again. Sheisa. Du bist dumbcough, Das ist caput.
"Speak softly, but carry a big stick"
-Andrew Lee

http://thruststormrockets.blogspot.com/
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

Andrewlee wrote:oh goodness, here we go again. Sheisa. Du bist dumbcough, Das ist caput.
How would everyone like it if we created a rant forum where this battle could continue and users could choose to ignore it as it would not clutter the normal discussions?
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
WRA2 Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 Admin »

air.command wrote:If people are interested in our response to the serious allegations and misinformation presented here, we would be happy to forward you the compiled list with all the supporting evidence and let you make up your own mind.

Why not submit your "evidence" here in public where it can face scrutiny of everyone? While you are at it you can do some explaining of your own about your past actions on this forum as Air.command/Cyndi.

(and dont give us any story about wanting to observe anonymously. An observer would simply observe not argue with the admins in an attempt to create disruptions)

In case everyone else has not figured it out yet "air command" is George's 3rd account here on the forum he has registered here. We allowed him to register as himself hoping that he would contribute and grow and unite the community. (just search for posts from a user called "rockets42") There are more that I can display if anyone is interested but they will have to be fetched from the forum archives)
David Walker
Administrator
The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

George "Air.Command" Katz is the female impersonator? WOW! I thought I knew all the good stuff! Now I think it's just the tip of the iceberg! What else has he/she been up to? LOL!
Bill W.
Team Seneca