Air command computer/timer deploy

Who invented it, who was first etc. This forum will be for members to hash out disagreements. Please keep all disagreements within this forum and keep the discussions civil (no profanity please).
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Team Seneca wrote:Okay. I can accept that as proof, but I still think anyone can put stuff on the internet and put any date they want to on it. Any one of you guys can edit your own website to say anything.
Hey Bill, if you go to http://www.archive.org you can look up past copies of just about everything ever posted on the web. That way you can verify any web page has not been edited.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
xenon
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: U.S. Water Rockets Flight Computer Video

Post by xenon »

USWaterRockets3 wrote:This is a video from June, 2006 of our flight computer in operation. You can clearly see the status light blinking states in response to the remote commands issued prior to launch. We've boosted the audio gain so that you can hear the audio signals as well.

Bill, This should show beyond any doubt that this is the real thing.

Tim, No. We will continue to use the flight computer with the radio receiver because the height of our rocket plus the launcher is over 8 feet, and this makes it dangerous to climb up and operate controls.

We prefer to use the remote because we can arm the system once everything is prepped and set up on the pad. Nothing is turned on while the rocket is moved or mounted on the pad except the receiver. It reduces the change we can have trigger something by accident this way.

Any more questions?
Cool video!

You guys wouldn't be interested in selling one of those to me would you?

Well we heard from 2 out of the three teams claiming to use flight computers. I guess the other team must have overexaggerated the capabilities of their computer.

Thanks for the responses.
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Brian »

what are some easy ways to get the parrachute out? i know how to relise it like relising the nose cone.
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Brian »

Brian wrote:what are some easy ways to get the parrachute out? i know how to relise it like relising the nose cone.
what i ment to say was what are some easy ways to get the parrachute out because relising is easy but getting the parachute out is difficult.ignore above post.
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w
Andromeda

Post by Andromeda »

If it's not too expensive and not too large or heavy I would also be interested in buying a flight computer like that. How big is it?
Andromeda
No matter where you go, there you are.
- Buckaroo Bansia
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

Brian wrote:what are some easy ways to get the parrachute out? i know how to relise it like relising the nose cone.
The easiest way I know is to make a door to cover the compartment and have a timer or servo hold the door shut. If you make a spring out of a piece of plastic then it will push the chute and the chute will open the door when the timer releases it. It's practically foolproof.
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

Tim Chen wrote:
Team Seneca wrote:Okay. I can accept that as proof, but I still think anyone can put stuff on the internet and put any date they want to on it. Any one of you guys can edit your own website to say anything.
Hey Bill, if you go to http://www.archive.org you can look up past copies of just about everything ever posted on the web. That way you can verify any web page has not been edited.
Thats good to know about. I will keep an eye open now.
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Drag_Racer408a
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Drag_Racer408a »

I have been talking to George via email the past week or so. He is watching what we post. He says that he doesn't post here because fo this exact reason, arguing, bickering, ect.

He has also written up a review on his site about his computer in his blog.
Air command rockets

Talks all about its capabilities and such and why they have choosen the system. Also states future plans as to what may come in the future. I was asked by George to pass this on for info and clarification. He said he is willing to answer any emails that he recieves about the computer.

Its just a hobby and all about having fun. Am I right?

Well stated U.S. Water Rockets
-Team Parental Advisory

Shameless commercial plug...... http://teamparentaladvisory.googlepages.com
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

Yeah, I saw that nonsense a few days ago but it's nothing more than a long winded personal attack on me; and political butt covering to reconciliate the contradicting fairy tales he's been telling. I wasted 5 perfectly good minutes of my life reading that and decided its not worth the aggravation. I wasn't going to let him waste any more of my time and let it go but I guess that when he didn't get the attention he craved, he figured that I must not have seen his taunting so he sends one of his minions to make sure I look at it.

It takes a lot of balls to condemn someone with 'researched' evidence and not even list the references! Isn't that heresay? :roll:

Politics in action. I called it.
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

Hey, is there any way we can make these topics private so people have to register to see them? If we don't then certain people are just going to swipe our ideas and take credit for them and say they came up with it on their own. If we make them register then we can prove who had access. By not registering they can play 'innocent' and we can't prove squat!
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Don't you think you're being a little paranoid, Bill?

Nobody is forcing you to share your ideas with the world. If you think people are using your ideas then don't post them. It would be a shame if it came to that because I have learend a lot from other people and I hope we continue to discuss ideas.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

I did some homework today and discovered a lot more skeletons in the attic. People living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Drag_Racer408a
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Drag_Racer408a »

Yeah, I saw that nonsense a few days ago but it's nothing more than a long winded personal attack on me; and political butt covering to reconciliate the contradicting fairy tales he's been telling. I wasted 5 perfectly good minutes of my life reading that and decided its not worth the aggravation. I wasn't going to let him waste any more of my time and let it go but I guess that when he didn't get the attention he craved, he figured that I must not have seen his taunting so he sends one of his minions to make sure I look at it.
Okay man. You need to calm down. Your really starting annoy everyone on this forum because of your bickering. Everyone is trying to talk this thing out and you just come in and play major role of Smart A**.
I must not have seen his taunting so he sends one of his minions to make sure I look at it.
Thats a good one. It was so funny that i actually didn't laugh. Anyways. George doesn't want to get invloved with this whole situation. He is being very polite about the whole thing and you just give him and other people a hard time.
I wasted 5 perfectly good minutes of my life reading that and decided its not worth the aggravation.
If your really that busy than the sport of rocketry isn't for you. Takes lots of minutes to develop a "Flight Computer". If your really tight on time may i sugest not getting on the computer at all and put that extra 15 minutes that you earn from not being on the computer into maybe some productive. Mow the lawn maybe? :lol:

Moderator, may to take a look at this topic please? Lock it or somthing so we can end this once and for all.
-Team Parental Advisory

The Mooseheads
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Mooseheads »

Okay people. This this is getting out of hand. This discussion isn't productive any longer.

Do not use this forum as a relay to exchange insults. If you guys can't work out your differences in private, then you will have posting rights revoked.

This is the best water rocket group on the 'net and we don't want to spoil that by filling it with petty arguments.
Rick C.
The Mooseheads
Drag_Racer408a
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Drag_Racer408a »

Thank you Admin...
-Team Parental Advisory