Air command computer/timer deploy

Who invented it, who was first etc. This forum will be for members to hash out disagreements. Please keep all disagreements within this forum and keep the discussions civil (no profanity please).
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

I think they've proven my point.
:lol:
Bill W.
Team Seneca
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

One lesson that needs to be stressed here is that no matter who you are that there's going to be someone getting envious of your accomplishments or your success or your popularity.

George is one of the most active and creative water rocket enthusiasts around these days and the better he gets the more popular he's going to get and the more attention he's going to get negatively along with that. Sometimes you have to learn to turn the other cheek or at least grow a thicker skin. It's only a hobby.

If you need an example you need look no further than the lynching that those guys on that old mailing list gave USWR when we shunned their "anything goes" world record bickering and elected instead to follow the WRA2 rulebook for our world record launches. Even 5 years have passed and they still haven't moved on.

It's good to see this all worked out and we can get back to the parachute discussion.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
xenon
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re:

Post by xenon »

The Mooseheads wrote:Okay people. This this is getting out of hand. This discussion isn't productive any longer.

Do not use this forum as a relay to exchange insults. If you guys can't work out your differences in private, then you will have posting rights revoked.

This is the best water rocket group on the 'net and we don't want to spoil that by filling it with petty arguments.
Sorry for creating the disturbance. I think that this was my fault. Sorry.
Bicky 51

Re: Parachute Deployment

Post by Bicky 51 »

here try this system

Air command rockets
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

Bicky 51 wrote:here try this system Air command rockets
I'd rather see how the pioneers and creators of the ideas did it rather than how their designs were subverted by a copycat hypocritical thieving politician. A quick internet search turns up a couple promising leads! (Probably the same places the idea was borrowed from):

http://users.skynet.be/willaert/WR/servo.htm
http://research.microsoft.com/~cmbishop ... ojects.htm
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Cloud Dancers
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Cloud Dancers »

Bicky 51 wrote:here try this system Air command rockets
Isn't this the same guy that builds his rocket using metal parts and has a poor safety record? I think that this is the same guy that someone mentioned a while back that had a pressurized rocket explode next to his head while he was trying to start his video recording. Good thing none of those aluminum parts and pop rivets wound up in his head (or maybe they did). I hope that this isn't going to go into another one of those "who invented the computer" discussions again. Can we get back to the original topic of "air brakes" instead of discussing some small time hobbyist trying to make a name for himself.

The air brake idea sounds interesting and simple to build. The question I have is would the air brake concept work with heavier or sensitive payloads like altimeters and cameras?

Welcome to the forum Bicky 51!
The Cloud Dancers
Floating amongst the clouds
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

You know Air Command is a Great site for INFO. Everyone makes mistakes. In the water rocket world "anything" can happen. An Happen to anyone!!! Its kinda bothersome :( when someone sits there an talks bad about them :evil: . If you think about it his site has brought a LOT of people into this hobby. An he puts a LOT of work into his rockets.
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

dwrrule wrote:You know Air Command is a Great site for INFO. Everyone makes mistakes. In the water rocket world "anything" can happen. An Happen to anyone!!! Its kinda bothersome :( when someone sits there an talks bad about them :evil: . If you think about it his site has brought a LOT of people into this hobby. An he puts a LOT of work into his rockets.
You wouldn't feel that way if his "INFO" was something you wrote on your site and he rewords it and puts it on his site so it looks like him or one of his pals thought it up. His close buddy Dragracer408a let it slip out that he lurks around the forum spying on us.

He thinks he's God's gift to wrockets and wants you to think so too.

I did my homework and I could go on for a long time exposing his tomfoolery but I don't want to get banished again.
Bill W.
Team Seneca
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

sense i said that do i have to worry about getting "banished" for sticking up for someone? I like his work an its helped a lot for me in the water rocket world.
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

dwrrule wrote:sense i said that do i have to worry about getting "banished" for sticking up for someone? I like his work an its helped a lot for me in the water rocket world.
Bill was restricted for a week for some name calling. You don't have to worry about being banished for mentioning Air command. It is a shame that Air command only lurks as he could contribute valuable information. We could really use his SCUBA expertise in our "Use of bottled air" discussion. You have to be careful when using his designs as a lot of them are not compliant with the rules and could get you disqualified from any competitions if you use them. A lot of his designs involve "shortcuts" like using metal parts or parts that the average water rocket builder cannot duplicate (not everyone has a lathe and a retired machinist working on their team) and he often attempts to encourage people to use the same "shortcuts" and non-compliant designs. Check the "links section" of his website and notice that there is not a link to this forum or the main WRA2 site. We have invited him to join this forum in the past but he only lurks. The invitation is still open for him to join us as we continue to grow the Water Rocket Forum into the best place where everyone can come for the best water rocket information.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

Ok thank you. I dont use his ideas but some of them give you good ideas.
Bicky 51

Post by Bicky 51 »

he does have a link to here thats how i got to be here his link.
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

WRA2 wrote:
dwrrule wrote:sense i said that do i have to worry about getting "banished" for sticking up for someone? I like his work an its helped a lot for me in the water rocket world.
Bill was restricted for a week for some name calling. You don't have to worry about being banished for mentioning Air command. It is a shame that Air command only lurks as he could contribute valuable information. We could really use his SCUBA expertise in our "Use of bottled air" discussion. You have to be careful when using his designs as a lot of them are not compliant with the rules and could get you disqualified from any competitions if you use them. A lot of his designs involve "shortcuts" like using metal parts or parts that the average water rocket builder cannot duplicate (not everyone has a lathe and a retired machinist working on their team) and he often attempts to encourage people to use the same "shortcuts" and non-compliant designs. Check the "links section" of his website and notice that there is not a link to this forum or the main WRA2 site. We have invited him to join this forum in the past but he only lurks. The invitation is still open for him to join us as we continue to grow the Water Rocket Forum into the best place where everyone can come for the best water rocket information.
I don't know why you guys are kissing his butt and want him around. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. If I were in control I'd find a way to make it so he can't even lurk on the forum here.

Would it help you see his true colors if I were to point out that I have transcripts of Air Command conspiring with his friends on a public forum to vandalize the WRA2 article on the Wikipedia? What a nice guy!

You still have any doubts Air Command Water Rockets is a two-faced politician? I told you I did my homework. I've got "extra credit" answers if you need more proof.
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

Bicky 51 wrote:he does have a link to here thats how i got to be here his link.
What link, where?
Bill W.
Team Seneca
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

Team Seneca wrote:
WRA2 wrote:
I don't know why you guys are kissing his butt and want him around. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. If I were in control I'd find a way to make it so he can't even lurk on the forum here.

Would it help you see his true colors if I were to point out that I have transcripts of Air Command conspiring with his friends on a public forum to vandalize the WRA2 article on the Wikipedia? What a nice guy!

You still have any doubts Air Command Water Rockets is a two-faced politician? I told you I did my homework. I've got "extra credit" answers if you need more proof.
I DONT NEED ANYMORE "PROOF" :evil: .