Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

water rocket 12oz bottle

Discussions about water rocket powered cars, sleds or boats.
thedude

water rocket 12oz bottle

Post by thedude » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:55 pm

Got hooked a few months back on bottle water rockets. Didnt find any on the market so we built up a chassis some what like what people use for electric slot cars. I used the smallest bottle I could find and went from there. I have a little knowledge on Nitro r/c cars so we hit the hobby shop and zip tied these parts together on the bigger 20oz car. We havent made a complete pass like what we did on the micro verion. The micro version is just a coat hanger bent and zip tied to the axles. It tends to bounce around a bit. Im sure it covers 100ft in 3sec lol.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Www.rustandchromephotos.com

thedude

Re: water rocket 12oz bottle

Post by thedude » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:30 pm

Cant figure out how to post my youtube vids. So, if someone could help out and repost my links. Thanks

Www.rustandchromephotos.com

WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: water rocket 12oz bottle

Post by WRA2 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:22 pm

thedude wrote:Cant figure out how to post my youtube vids. So, if someone could help out and repost my links. Thanks
I fixed it for you.

Welcome to the forum :W

Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2: