Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

Since our founding in 2003, we've become the largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

Hello Everyone. It is that time of year again. Time to approve changes to the competition rules for the new year.

You Can vote at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&p=19486#p19486

Please take the time to vote. TH:

The Snow Miser

Discussions about water rocket powered cars, sleds or boats.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

The Snow Miser

Post by bugwubber » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:51 am

Is sad that the snow is going away.
CAM00959.jpg
CAM00954.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: The Snow Miser

Post by Water Rocket Expert » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:55 am

It snowed here again last night but it is mostly getting warmer. Just like 1 inch.

Water Rocket Expert
I'm 18
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:00 am

So here's why I named this craft The Snow Miser:

I sure hope it snows again in April.

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Water Rocket Expert » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:20 am

Is there any snow on the ground today? Dude that sled is massive if I am looking at it right!

Water Rocket Expert
I'm 18
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:51 am

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Is there any snow on the ground today? Dude that sled is massive if I am looking at it right!
There is and it is going to snow today because I took my snow tires off but life is pulling me away for a week. The forecast indicates warming next week so I doubt any that's on the ground will be left. Here's hoping.

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:19 pm

bugwubber wrote:
Water Rocket Expert wrote:Is there any snow on the ground today? Dude that sled is massive if I am looking at it right!
There is and it is going to snow today because I took my snow tires off but life is pulling me away for a week. The forecast indicates warming next week so I doubt any that's on the ground will be left. Here's hoping.
The way the weather has been going the past few years, you should probably leave those snow tires on, or get a 4WD.

Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:46 am

U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote: The way the weather has been going the past few years, you should probably leave those snow tires on, or get a 4WD.
Typically I do but I'm in Texas today. Snow tires don't do well with towing and warm temps. Got to watch Spring in fast forward like traveling through a time warp.

Brought the widemouth. We'll see what happens.

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Water Rocket Expert » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Why did you bring the launcher? Visiting somebody?

Water Rocket Expert
I'm 18
Maryland

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:50 pm

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Why did you bring the launcher? Visiting somebody?
Cause water rockets are really boring without a launcher.

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Water Rocket Expert » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:56 am

So you are staying there or just a road trip. I don't bring water rockets everywhere I go.

Water Rocket Expert
I'm 18
Maryland

U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:22 pm

bugwubber wrote:
U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote: The way the weather has been going the past few years, you should probably leave those snow tires on, or get a 4WD.
Typically I do but I'm in Texas today. Snow tires don't do well with towing and warm temps. Got to watch Spring in fast forward like traveling through a time warp.

There's a lot of big flat areas down there with no trees or hills or anything! That's real water rocket country!

How did it go?

Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:05 pm

U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:
bugwubber wrote:

There's a lot of big flat areas down there with no trees or hills or anything! That's real water rocket country!

How did it go?
Had a great time! Introduced The Texas Express to a man (my uncle) who only knew of the toy water rockets that went 30 feet. His reaction was priceless. I'll try to get that posted.

We actually went to East Texas where there are just as many trees, and they are bigger than they are here. They have pastures instead of crops so that works out better.

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Water Rocket Expert » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Please post that reaction. That would be awesome.

I will probably get back into rockets during the summer more. School has me backed up.

Water Rocket Expert
I'm 18
Maryland