Sliding water-rocket in a soap road of garbage bags

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
RaZias
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Sliding water-rocket in a soap road of garbage bags

Post by RaZias »

I remembered to see a video in the youtube that some dudes uncurled a series of garbage bags without detaching them (i am talking of those rolls of garbage bags attached that you buy in a supermarket).

Then they putted a lot of savon or detergent mixed with water over it.

After that they launched themselves over it with a bodyboard...they slide it very fastly over 70 meters.

So I am thinking that it would be nice to make that but instead of a person it would be a WR over a woodboard with vertical wings.
Research and Development is the soul of WR
U.S. Water Rockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Sliding water-rocket in a soap road of garbage bags

Post by U.S. Water Rockets »

RaZias wrote:I remembered to see a video in the youtube that some dudes uncurled a series of garbage bags without detaching them (i am talking of those rolls of garbage bags attached that you buy in a supermarket).

Then they putted a lot of savon or detergent mixed with water over it.

After that they launched themselves over it with a bodyboard...they slide it very fastly over 70 meters.

So I am thinking that it would be nice to make that but instead of a person it would be a WR over a woodboard with vertical wings.
If you live where it gets cold you could wait for a body of water ro freeze and make an ice racer!
thunderrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by thunderrockets »

why dont jou try a skate board and two 10 liter rockets taped on with 9 mm nozzlles filled with foam and water ,pressurised to 130 psi . it goes really fast :D
RaZias
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by RaZias »

This was the funny video I got the idea:

Research and Development is the soul of WR