Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

Since our founding in 2003, we've become the largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

Hello Everyone. It is that time of year again. Time to approve changes to the competition rules for the new year.

You Can vote at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&p=19486#p19486

Please take the time to vote. TH:

Parachute (nose cone) deployment mechanism

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
motorcyclepilot
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Parachute (nose cone) deployment mechanism

Post by motorcyclepilot » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:46 pm

Re-working a parachute deployment mechanism I thought of two years ago. The servo was binding in the original and unable to release the "dart". Today I realized it could work witha proper sear release.

https://youtu.be/GT8DWhpu-xU

anoymous

Re: Parachute (nose cone) deployment mechanism

Post by anoymous » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:27 am

Seems nice!
But I could use some explanation

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Sorry for malconstructions in my sentences, I am Belgian. And I was never good at making easy sentences.

Alien Space Agency
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Alien Space Agency » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:21 am

Probably like the VDTT but the piston isn't connected.

Nothing can stop a curious mind from inventing- Anonymous

Lecce Water rockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Lecce Water rockets » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:42 pm

Nice system!!! But what altimeter were you using? A perfectflite?