gopro hd camera

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
Jelo
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

gopro hd camera

Post by Jelo »

Hey guys,
I ordered the gopro hd camera, and its coming next week, has anyone tried it yet? id say its a bit heavier than the average cameras people put on rockets but it records at a super wide angle, hd and 60fps, which is pretty awesome for rockets imo
Anto
Anto'

always wear a raincoat
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: gopro hd

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Jelo wrote:Hey guys,
I ordered the gopro hd camera, and its coming next week, has anyone tried it yet? id say its a bit heavier than the average cameras people put on rockets but it records at a super wide angle, hd and 60fps, which is pretty awesome for rockets imo
Anto
They use this camera on Mythbusters! You can see them wearing the camera on their helmets and sometimes they put it on Buster!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Jelo
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Jelo »

Yeah i noticed that too! you can see it hidden in just about any episode :D i got it last week and its very impressive! not to mention the mounts are really reliable :)
Anto'

always wear a raincoat
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Jelo wrote:Yeah i noticed that too! you can see it hidden in just about any episode :D i got it last week and its very impressive! not to mention the mounts are really reliable :)
The case that comes with it to shoot underwater is very well put together. The latch is a little hard to open for some people, but the case works great and can also be used to protect the camera from rain or impacts.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Jelo
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Jelo »

Actualy the camera is made to be used only in the case, the plastic used on the camera itself is EXTREMELY soft, i can scratch it my nail lol i suppose its to prevent it from cracking or stuff like that. Also the camera cant be put on mounts it the case isnt on it
Anto'

always wear a raincoat
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Jelo wrote:Actualy the camera is made to be used only in the case, the plastic used on the camera itself is EXTREMELY soft, i can scratch it my nail lol i suppose its to prevent it from cracking or stuff like that. Also the camera cant be put on mounts it the case isnt on it
Isn't the plastic sort of rubberized so that it's soft and comfortable to touch? You can make marks in rubberized plastic but they go away after a few minutes.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Jelo
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Jelo »

I dont think it is...there's like a soft plastic layer on top of a harder plastic, its not rubber though, i know what your talking about, the back of my phone is rubberised. I think it might just be to help it absord shock better.
The camera is obviously no meant to be carried around without the case on, because theres no lense cap or anything, and the lense are sticking out of the camera by almost a centimeter :/ It feels really fragile once its out of its case
Anto'

always wear a raincoat