Great and professionally done video, great review. I bought my camera also from eletoponline365. So I wrote him to be sure this camera would convert, and got a few more details that proved useful in reducing the Risk of Bricking the camera. (Charging before, and the wait)
Hi Peter, I love this #11 808HD received Dec01, quick delivery. I really rather not have the date/time, and I have read online to use FW96630A.BIN (Continuous Recording) firmware update, but some say it will break. I am afraid it will break. Can you help me know/tell me if this will work on my unit? The default date was 2010-01-29 and I successfully used timeset.txt to update. Please instruct me if theFW96630A.BIN from 2011-05-10 will remove date or break camera????? Thank you, and so far you get top rating from me.
Attached pls find the firmware, 20 minutes, no time stamp, stop / save / continue.
Get it fully charged before doing it. If the battery should die before the process is complete, you could brick your camera!
The procedure is:
1. Download the attached firmware file (FW96630A.bin) to the camera's flash card root directory. The root directory is the one that first appears when the card is recognized by the computer in flash memory mode or when you click on the camera icon to open its contents folder. Suggested to use an external card reader. Don't change the file name.
2. Insert the memory card with the firmware file into the camera, and then turn on the camera with a brief press of the power button (don't hold the button).
3. The camera will proceed to load the new firmware into its internal memory. The camera LED will NOT light up as it normally would during this process, so don't turn off the camera or press any buttons after you start this process thinking it's not doing anything. You could brick your camera! The yellow LED should turn on after a brief period (5 to 20 sec.)* to confirm the firmware has been successfully loaded. *[I counted 15 seconds for my camera then the light came on.]
4. Take out the memory card, use the card reader to delete the file (FW96630A.bin).
5. Insert the blank memory card to do video shooting test.
Hope it is helpful. Any questions, please let me know.