GoPro test

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
Jelo
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

GoPro test

Post by Jelo »

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I tested a new rocket using the new 20mm launcher I made, and managed to fit the GoPro HD Hero inside it! I don't have

access to it right now, and didn't check the footage yet... The rocket was unstable when i launched it, and it turns out one of the fins

got wet when I filled the rocket so it wasn't much use... Anyways, i should have the video up in the next few days!
Anto'

always wear a raincoat
Jelo
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: GoPro test

Post by Jelo »

Okay i looked at the footage, and it's brilliant HD quality....until the launch....the G force must have pulled the memory card out :oops:
no footage till next launch guys!
Anto'

always wear a raincoat
Jelo
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Jelo »

Hey Guy,
Yesterday i put together a video with the two first launches of this rocket, first one was with the onboard camera, second without, obviously the second got much much higher, the gopro is quite heavy...
Here's the video:
[youtube][/youtube]
Anto'

always wear a raincoat
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Jelo wrote:Okay i looked at the footage, and it's brilliant HD quality....until the launch....the G force must have pulled the memory card out :oops:
no footage till next launch guys!
Some cards tend to be looser than other cards. If you have a loose one you can jam a piece of cardboard or paper in the slot with it to make it fit snug and friction will keep it from falling out.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Jelo
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Jelo »

I've to use a 16gb card due to the fact it records at 60fps at 780p, the memory fills up pretty quickly at that setting! I'm now using the camera with it's waterproof case, it's heavier, but prevents water damage, scratches, and makes sure the card can't fall.
Anto'

always wear a raincoat
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Jelo wrote:I've to use a 16gb card due to the fact it records at 60fps at 780p, the memory fills up pretty quickly at that setting! I'm now using the camera with it's waterproof case, it's heavier, but prevents water damage, scratches, and makes sure the card can't fall.
The case practically doubles the weight of the camera. It's probably the best sport camera out there. They used them a lot on Mythbusters recently too.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison