High Definition Wireless Camera w/ Live Feed while Recording

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: High Definition Wireless Camera w/ Live Feed while Recor

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

DogLover wrote:Hmm. This is a really old thread. Back when it was created, this wasn't around, but now days a good FPV system would work marvelously for this. There are systems that come on 2.4Ghz that can transmit for miles flawlessly. You could wear FPV goggles and see the live feed, and record it at the same time. If someone has a FPV setup, I would love to see them try putting it on their rocket!!
I think that an FPV camera with transmitter is a lot heavier and more expensive than a HD 808 camera. Why would you use something that was bigger and heavier and costs more? Does it give better performance? 1080P?

I suppose you could use a R/C control to deploy a chute and be able to see the apogee in real time from the ground, and maybe also see where the rocket lands if it were blown off course and landed out of view... but otherwise, it seems like it might be overkill.
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"