Timer with long delay

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
Krypstocken
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Timer with long delay

Post by Krypstocken »

Hi

I'm looking for a timer with long delay, 2min perhaps.

I just launched my rocket yesterday, very successfull parashute deployment at high altitude by a an airflap system.

The rocket now rest in the neighbours tree....

I'd like to have a time for releasing the parashute string, like the aircommand team uses.
I'm thinking that 2 min would be good.

is there such a timer ready or can I modify your servochron SW to incorporate more then 30 sec delay?

Kristoffer
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Timer with long delay

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Krypstocken wrote:Hi

I'm looking for a timer with long delay, 2min perhaps.

I just launched my rocket yesterday, very successfull parashute deployment at high altitude by a an airflap system.

The rocket now rest in the neighbours tree....

I'd like to have a time for releasing the parashute string, like the aircommand team uses.
I'm thinking that 2 min would be good.

is there such a timer ready or can I modify your servochron SW to incorporate more then 30 sec delay?

Kristoffer

A better system which we have used is to connect the parachute to the rocket with a wooden joint glued with water soluable glue. The next time it rains, the glue dissolves and the rocket drops off. White glue like "Elmers" glue works well for this.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison