WATER ROCKET - Deployment Timer

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
mamashome_steve

Re: WATER ROCKET - Deployment Timer

Post by mamashome_steve »

But also another problem is that when it turns on it moves the servo yet it moves only 1 click
air.command

Post by air.command »

mamashome_steve wrote:But also another problem is that when it turns on it moves the servo yet it moves only 1 click
Virtually all servo motors will twich a little when you apply power to them. It sounds like that's what this one is doing. It doesn't mean it is getting a signal though. Please follow the steps in my previous post to diagnose the problem you are having.
http://www.AirCommandRockets.com
mamashome_steve

Post by mamashome_steve »

Hey man i got it to work for like at least 5 minutesno then nothing else worked except for the servo again
air.command

Post by air.command »

mamashome_steve wrote:Hey man i got it to work for like at least 5 minutesno then nothing else worked except for the servo again
Sorry, I'd like to be a little more help but without knowing the answers to the questions I had asked makes it a little difficult in recommending the next steps to take.

What battery are you using? ... is it running flat after 5 minutes?
http://www.AirCommandRockets.com
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

This is a perfect example to show people what difficulties that they can avoid by investing $4.30 in a ServoChron.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison