Why does my altimeter graph look like it hit a bird?

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Why does my altimeter graph look like it hit a bird?

Post by bugwubber »

arjan wrote:
bugwubber wrote:Ok well perhaps a discussion for another thread if you don't mind. I really didn't want to get in to debating rules and requirements here. Just asking for technical assistance on designing my rocket so the altimeter works correctly.

Thanks,

Bugwubber
AG

So back on topic.
bugwubber, is your new payload ready for launch?
Yep, I have two new uppers now- one with a 20oz mid (identical to the old one minus a second cutout on the bottom and holes in the side) and one with a 24oz mid.

The 24oz mid, I am going to not cut out a camera slot just yet. I'll load the altimeter through the bottle nozzle and then attach it to the lower. Once I have a baseline with no camera slot, I'll then install the camera and see if that has an effect on the readings.

Then I'll run tests on the 20oz which has 1 camera slot, down from 2, and holes drilled in the middle.

The only difference between the bottles is mid section length- 3 3/8 vs 4 7/8"

Since I had to rebuild the uppers, I let my daughter's class rename it. Its new name is Charlie Lazer Pears.

Thanks,

Bugwubber
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
arjan
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Why does my altimeter graph look like it hit a bird?

Post by arjan »

Sounds good.
I hope it will solve the problem.
Looking forward to the test results.
Arjan

n-bwaterrockets.blogspot.com