ServoChron™ Price

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
Flash
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

ServoChron™ Price

Post by Flash »

Just wanted to double check to see if I'm missing something here? Everywhere I look the price for hte 430 is $10.00 but it is mentioned as costing less than $5.00.

Has the price just gone up or am I looking in the wrong places to buy it?

Thank you!!!
Flash
TRA L2 10484
Age 55
46 years with Rocketry
Muzza
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: ServoChron™ Price

Post by Muzza »

I got mine direct from TI for US$4.30, but that was a year or so ago. They even freepost it anywhere in the USA. I then used a freight forwarding company to get it to NZ, piggybacking it in with some stuff my wife had ordered. Had to sign a decleration about the contents as one of the things they wouldn't ship was missile components I was going to put "depends on your definition of a missile" but decided as i actually wanted the stuff that it probably wasn't a good idea
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

There was a price strategy change that happened earlier this year. The introductory $4.30 price days are over unless you can buy in bulk as part of an edu org.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

bugwubber wrote:There was a price strategy change that happened earlier this year. The introductory $4.30 price days are over unless you can buy in bulk as part of an edu org.
If you are involved in education, you can still get them for $4.30 direct from TI.

The later version actually uses a newer CPU with more I/O pins than the initial release.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Flash
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Flash »

I work for Monroeton Elementary School and will be using these for the school rocket club.
Thanks
Flash
TRA L2 10484
Age 55
46 years with Rocketry