2 Servochron parts questions

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
Flash
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

2 Servochron parts questions

Post by Flash »

Need recommend Battery sub from Hobby King for the Turnigy 138 please? By the way, I will only be using one D03011 Servo.

Hobby King as the JR type servo ext. on back order, will the Fubtaba ones work and if so, what would be the color directions for these as compared to the JR ones since the colors seem to be the only difference other than the Fubtaba may weight less?

May it 3 question while we are at it.

What would be a good launch detect switch to sub out for the R13 one mentioned that is in stock with Hobby King since I'm ordering everything else from them besides the 430G2 set, which I got on school discount from TI.

Thank you!!!
Flash
TRA L2 10484
Age 55
46 years with Rocketry
Flash
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: 2 Servochron parts questions

Post by Flash »

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 1S-20C.jpgHere is the lightest battery I can find that is rated at 3.7 volts from Hobby King.
Spec.
Capacity: 138mAh
Voltage: 1s / 3.7v
Discharge: 20C Constant / 30C Burst
Weight: 6.6g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 37x26x3.2mm
Discharge Plug: JST

If this is the recommended best replacement for the 138, then want I need another mirco battery mini plug and not the one for the 138 or just go without since the plug is built in?
Flash
TRA L2 10484
Age 55
46 years with Rocketry
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Flash wrote:Need recommend Battery sub from Hobby King for the Turnigy 138 please? By the way, I will only be using one D03011 Servo.
Turnigy nano-tech 160mah 1S 25~40C Lipo Pack is very good and in stock.
Flash wrote:Hobby King as the JR type servo ext. on back order, will the Fubtaba ones work and if so, what would be the color directions for these as compared to the JR ones since the colors seem to be the only difference other than the Fubtaba may weight less?

You would definitely need a matching servo extension for this if you want to be able to unplug the servo. Otherwise, You can always just cut the connectors off and solder the servo wires right to the ServoChron.

The servo color codes are different depending on the servo you buy, so you will need to look up the specs for the servo in question. Generally there will be a control signal a positive supply and a ground in that order. From the images of the servo, the colors are white (control), red (positive supply), and black (ground). If weight is not a big deal, we suggest using the
HXT900 9g / 1.6kg / .12sec Micro Servo. It is heavier, but they are dirt cheap.
HXT900 colors are Orange (control), Red (Positive Supply), and Brown (Ground)
Flash wrote:May it 3 question while we are at it.
What would be a good launch detect switch to sub out for the R13 one mentioned that is in stock with Hobby King since I'm ordering everything else from them besides the 430G2 set, which I got on school discount from TI.
You might be able to use the following switches from HK:
Collision Switch Large Button Module
They had other choices but they were out of stock. You can always use the "break contact" method of triggering launch if you cannot find a switch.
Flash wrote:Thank you!!!

You are welcome!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Flash
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Flash »

Here is what I have so far.

HXT 900 Mirco Servo
Futuba AM2001-10x10 Servo Ext. lead (color not same as JR) but location looks good of each wire.

Turnigy 160mah 1S 25-40C Lipo pack with JST connections
Turnigy minijst-ext5 ext. leads for battery.

Need a charger recommendation and I think I'm going with the G switch design from US Rockets with the thin wires.

Any other items I might need to improve the 430 G2 or complete the project?

thanks
Flash
TRA L2 10484
Age 55
46 years with Rocketry
arjan
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by arjan »

I might be wrong but, although wiring is the same, I think JR and Futaba connectors do not fit to eachother physically.

servo wiring: http://www.fatlion.com/sailplanes/servos.html
Arjan

n-bwaterrockets.blogspot.com
Flash
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Flash »

Arjan, thank you for saving me in ordering the wrong part. I'm new to RC parts.
Flash
Flash
TRA L2 10484
Age 55
46 years with Rocketry
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Flash wrote:Arjan, thank you for saving me in ordering the wrong part. I'm new to RC parts.
Flash
The advantage of ordering from HK is that the stuff is low cost and you can experiment a lot and learn. There are so many R/C parts out there the only way to lean a lot of it is to experiment.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Flash
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Flash »

I got the 430 launch pad kits in from TI but my problem now is the US warehouse for Hobby King doesn't have much of what I need in stock and the international order would cost about $50.00 and I don't know how long it would take to get it in?

Any ideas?
Flash
TRA L2 10484
Age 55
46 years with Rocketry
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

I ordered some things from the international warehouse- think it took around 2-3 weeks to get them.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
arjan
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by arjan »

Flash wrote: Turnigy 160mah 1S 25-40C Lipo pack with JST connections
Turnigy minijst-ext5 ext. leads for battery.
I think there might be another issue here. There's a difference between JST and MINI JST, they won't fit either.

JST is a brand and has a lot of different connectors.
Attachments
Mini-JST-Leads.jpeg
Mini-JST-Leads.jpeg (5.4 KiB) Viewed 18 times
JST.jpeg
JST.jpeg (237.48 KiB) Viewed 18 times
Arjan

n-bwaterrockets.blogspot.com
U.S. Water Rockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets »

Flash wrote:I got the 430 launch pad kits in from TI but my problem now is the US warehouse for Hobby King doesn't have much of what I need in stock and the international order would cost about $50.00 and I don't know how long it would take to get it in?

Any ideas?
International warehouse can take surprisingly short or agonizingly long times. You never know. It must be that they wait until a cargo ship is full to launch it and if you get your order on the ship the day it leaves port you can see the delivery in a week or so. If you place your order the day after the ship leaves, it can take 3+ weeks to receive it.