HXT 900 & TG9e servos

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
Flash
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

HXT 900 & TG9e servos

Post by Flash »

Well I really tried to be careful but it looks like my batteries want work with the TG9e servos? The HXT 900 says 3 to 6 volts which would work with HXT 900's but I ordered the TG9e and just noticed a operation voltage of 4.8V.

That is really disappointing because the order has been placed and paid for.

Flash
Flash
TRA L2 10484
Age 55
46 years with Rocketry
U.S. Water Rockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: HXT 900 & TG9e servos

Post by U.S. Water Rockets »

Flash wrote:Well I really tried to be careful but it looks like my batteries want work with the TG9e servos? The HXT 900 says 3 to 6 volts which would work with HXT 900's but I ordered the TG9e and just noticed a operation voltage of 4.8V.

That is really disappointing because the order has been placed and paid for.

Flash
Sorry to hear that your order was incorrect. If you had mentioned the TG9e we would have told you to steer clear of them when we suggested the HXT900. We tried both, and the TG9e is unreliable below about 4.5V which is why we recommended the HXT900. It specs low voltage functionality and it has been tested and proved to work.

The TG9e can still be used but you would need a 5V power supply. Remember, the ServoChron is based on the MSP430 LaunchPad, which runs from USB power typically, so you can power the whole thing with a battery within the spec of the TG9e. For example, a battery holder from an old remote control or toy that holds 4 AAA batteries would pump out 6V and this can power the servos and the LaunchPad just fine.

Other people have found that you can power the whole arrangement with a depleted 9V battery which can still supply 5-6V, but if you accidentally connect a new 9V, it will roast the servo.
Flash
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Flash »

10 4
By the way, I've been trying to change my servo order to HXT 900's. Pray for me because I've been at it for 6+ hours and still no response by e-mail or chat.
Will I be able to use two 3.7's together to bump up to around 8 volts or is that to much voltage still for the TG9's?
Flash
TRA L2 10484
Age 55
46 years with Rocketry
Flash
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Flash »

Forget trying to change a Hobby King order, just went ahead and ordered the HXT 900's since the US doen't seem to have them in the country from Hobby King anyway.

I see what happen to me, the Globle site showed the HXT 900 and TG9e operation at the same voltage but the US Hobby King site shows the at 3-6 volts.

Live and learn I guess.
Thanks!!!
Flash
TRA L2 10484
Age 55
46 years with Rocketry
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Flash wrote:Forget trying to change a Hobby King order, just went ahead and ordered the HXT 900's since the US doen't seem to have them in the country from Hobby King anyway.

I see what happen to me, the Globle site showed the HXT 900 and TG9e operation at the same voltage but the US Hobby King site shows the at 3-6 volts.

Live and learn I guess.
Thanks!!!

You have to be careful with their ordering page as well. If you start adding US parts to your order and then throw in a part from a China warehouse, sometimes they will lump all the components together if they are all in the one warehouse... so your whole order comes from China on the slow boat.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison