ServoChron Instructions

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

ServoChron Instructions

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

I know I am asking alot, but I am trying to build the servo chron and I am a bit confused. Can someone post links to EVERY part required in building this thing and make sure the links are good but only us amazon and ebay. I do have a soldering iron, solder, and a wire stripper that I own. I also need asembly instructions that are not written down on USWR but that someone here explains.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: ServoChron Instructions

Please give me the links of everything and it can't be on Ti's website. Everything must cost less than $20. Should be easy since you said it would!
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Guys this is what I got for the parts it came to $48.66 and I really can't afford that much. Here are the links. I don't want to order outside North America.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-MG90S-Metal- ... 20ddce2a51

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parkzone-PKZ305 ... 4d132c7efa

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Multicomp-Switc ... 19e726611c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Servo-Extensi ... 3373e0a37d
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

There is no reason to buy from anyone other than TI
https://estore.ti.com/MSP-EXP430G2-MSP4 ... P2031.aspx

Hobbyking.com USA warehouse for most everything else.

Do you already have a charger? If not you may just want to go with 9V battery.

Ditch the switch. Use wires or make your own inertia switch.

While I have a functioning servochron module, I have yet to launch it.

Bugwubber
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Do you think I should just solder it. I already have a battery and charger from a Parkzone plane and blade helis. The intertia switch is a good idea I can make that myself. I already got a idea and I am kind of techy that way.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Do you think I should just solder it. I already have a battery and charger from a Parkzone plane and blade helis. The intertia switch is a good idea I can make that myself. I already got a idea and I am kind of techy that way.
Solder what the batteries? No the plugs are worth it.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Okay so I should buy the board, not the switch, buy the two connectors, not the battery or charger, and buy the servo. Okay I will purchase from Ti for like $10.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Okay so I should buy the board, not the switch, buy the two connectors, not the battery or charger, and buy the servo. Okay I will purchase from Ti for like $10.
Not much need for metal gears. There's just not enough stress to justify.. Your servo need only cost $2-$3.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

bugwubber wrote:
Water Rocket Expert wrote:Okay so I should buy the board, not the switch, buy the two connectors, not the battery or charger, and buy the servo. Okay I will purchase from Ti for like $10.
Not much need for metal gears. There's just not enough stress to justify.. Your servo need only cost $2-$3.
Like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/micro-servo-mot ... 4860497689
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:
bugwubber wrote:
Like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/micro-servo-mot ... 4860497689
Looks similar to this one which is what I got-

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__ ... ouse_.html

There are smaller ones that work but the the cost starts going up. Just pay attention to the voltage and make sure you get a servo that will work on 3V.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

I think I will have to go with TI to get the $10 price, but the reason I refuse to order from other companies besides Amazon and eBay, is that I don't know how long shipping will take, I usually have to give a credit card number to purchase, meaning if they were dishonest they could steal it, and it's just a lot of trouble. As for now, $10 is a lot of trouble when Amazon is selling it for $19.50 with $2 shipping. Is the one in the link I put good? It is 3.0-7.2 volts and the stall torque is 17.5oz/in. at 4.8 volts?

I appreciate this discussion.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:I think I will have to go with TI to get the $10 price, but the reason I refuse to order from other companies besides Amazon and eBay, is that I don't know how long shipping will take, I usually have to give a credit card number to purchase, meaning if they were dishonest they could steal it, and it's just a lot of trouble. As for now, $10 is a lot of trouble when Amazon is selling it for $19.50 with $2 shipping. Is the one in the link I put good? It is 3.0-7.2 volts and the stall torque is 17.5oz/in. at 4.8 volts?

Yeah the description indicates it should work. $4 with free shipping is a good price.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

bugwubber wrote:
Water Rocket Expert wrote:I think I will have to go with TI to get the $10 price, but the reason I refuse to order from other companies besides Amazon and eBay, is that I don't know how long shipping will take, I usually have to give a credit card number to purchase, meaning if they were dishonest they could steal it, and it's just a lot of trouble. As for now, $10 is a lot of trouble when Amazon is selling it for $19.50 with $2 shipping. Is the one in the link I put good? It is 3.0-7.2 volts and the stall torque is 17.5oz/in. at 4.8 volts?

Yeah the description indicates it should work. $4 with free shipping is a good price.
Thanks. I needed to here that. How much pressure did the X-12 use?
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:
bugwubber wrote:

Thanks. I needed to here that. How much pressure did the X-12 use?
Just enough I'd say.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Well is that 180 psi or 400? Stop playing games. I am typing with a wounded finger.
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland