Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

Cheapest Logging Altimeter?

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
Alien Space Agency
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Cheapest Logging Altimeter?

Post by Alien Space Agency » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:44 am

Hi, I have a BIG problem on my quest for the Class B record. I can easily get my onboard camera, but I am living on a Third World country, so I am in a loss in altimeters.

Can anyone cite a cheap logging altimeter that:
-is one-piece
-tiny
-below 20 dollars (1 dollar is 45 Philippine pesos)

Surely the shipping fees aren't a problem (i'm not even thinking of it) but I NEED AN ALTIMETER badly.

Two commercial altimeters down (HK altimeter/ JL AltimeterTwo/Three)

And I could easily consider the Launchpad Altimeter, if TI sells it here (or if anyone's kind enough... HELP!)

Or a PCB layout of a logging altimeter, perhaps?

Nothing can stop a curious mind from inventing- Anonymous

anachronist
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Cheapest Logging Altimeter?

Post by anachronist » Thu May 11, 2017 12:54 am

I know this is a late reply, but see http://rocketsetc.com/altimeter-comparison/ for an up to date comparison of altimeters with varying sizes, costs, and capabilities.