Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

HQ digital camcorder?

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
dongfang
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

HQ digital camcorder?

Post by dongfang » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:53 am

Hi,

I have a FlyCamOne^2. Nothing wrong with it, but I am already looking for an upgrade. I want sharp, fast motion pictures.

Does anyone know of a usable camera?

Requirements:
- Digital, solid state media (SD or other card)
- Min. 50 FPS
- Min. 1024 * 768 resolution
- A quality lens, preferrably glass.

Nice to haves:
- Manual focus override, or entirely manual focus
- Remote control

Not necessary / not wanted:
- Still shooting capability
- Flash
- Zoom lens (fragile)

The best match I have seen so far is the Aiptek Action HD and its cheaper sister model, A-HD+ - 1080P, but with the cheapie camera modified to accept a real lens, as described at Steves Digicams.

BUT before I buy this slightly insufficient thing and start planning which walls to knock down so I can get the lathe into my living room, does any of you have an idea for a better camera to start with?

Regards
Soren