37g camera

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
TDFwaterrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

37g camera

Post by TDFwaterrockets »

This is the camera that i would recomend. The lens of the camera can rotate and it is 1.3megapixel.

To find out where to buy this camera just type Flycamone V2 into google.
Attachments
onboard4.png
onboard4.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 368 times
image6_1946[1].jpg
image6_1946[1].jpg (2.39 KiB) Viewed 351 times
Mark Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: 37g camera

Post by Mark Chen »

TDFwaterrockets wrote:This is the camera that i would recomend. The lens of the camera can rotate and it is 1.3megapixel.

To find out where to buy this camera just type Flycamone V2 into google.
Nice picture!

You three are brave guys, launching that camera so close to all those trees! Respect!
Mark Chen
Team Enterprise
dongfang
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dongfang »

Hi,

Not to discourage anyone, but those FlyCamOne's have all sorts of problems... try to google around before deciding to buy one.

Mine lost power all the time. Particularly in the autumn cold, it would only stay on for a minute - just enough to make me confident that it was OK, and then launch it without getting a video. I saw that the V3 software update should help, so I installed it and - now the cam did not work at all. I have returned it on the warranty - to be continued...

If I get it back in working condition, I will rip out that single tiny LiPo battery, and power it from an external battery (2 LiPos in series) with a 4.2 volt regulator. That should do it?

Oregon Scientific make something in the same ballpark, but heavier, more expensive and running on normal non rechargeable batteries. But it might just work...

Regards
Soren
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

dongfang wrote:Hi,

Not to discourage anyone, but those FlyCamOne's have all sorts of problems... try to google around before deciding to buy one.

Mine lost power all the time. Particularly in the autumn cold, it would only stay on for a minute - just enough to make me confident that it was OK, and then launch it without getting a video. I saw that the V3 software update should help, so I installed it and - now the cam did not work at all. I have returned it on the warranty - to be continued...

If I get it back in working condition, I will rip out that single tiny LiPo battery, and power it from an external battery (2 LiPos in series) with a 4.2 volt regulator. That should do it?

Oregon Scientific make something in the same ballpark, but heavier, more expensive and running on normal non rechargeable batteries. But it might just work...

Regards
Soren
Did you have problems with video and audio not synchronized properly? This problem as well as poor low light sensitivity is what really turned me off from this camera.
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
dongfang
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dongfang »

Hi,

Oooooh yeah. However, it is possible to patch it up somewhat in Windows Movie Maker (copy and paste the sound track, mute the original sound track, shift the copy).

Firmware V4 was just released. It is claimed to improve on the A/V sync.

I am actually pretty satisfied with the light sensitivity. It does OK for a lens the size of a mouse eye, I think. Better than my phone, for example.

I will get another cam on the warranty today! First thing I will do is to find a way to power it from a larger battery. Maybe via USB, maybe something else.

Regards
Soren
Andromeda

Post by Andromeda »

I heard that google was working on a suite like Windows Movie maker that would be a lot more fully featured and free!
Andromeda
No matter where you go, there you are.
- Buckaroo Bansia
TDFwaterrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by TDFwaterrockets »

I haven't had any problems so far with my camera and I have had it for quite a wile. I have updated the software and it still works perfectly so maybe you had an older version or yours was faulty.

TDFwaterrockets