Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

Very simple parachute deployment system

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
zetez
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Very simple parachute deployment system

Post by zetez » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:08 pm

My static test: (don't worry about language, words are not needed to explain it).

It's very, very simple - but, it's working!

Tomorrow, I will test it in real flight above 50 metres / 165 feets.

just DIY

Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Very simple parachute deployment system

Post by Brian » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:42 am

is it like a tomy timer and how do you trigger it

Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w

zetez
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Very simple parachute deployment system

Post by zetez » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 am

Brian wrote:is it like a tomy timer
Yes, it's from clockwork Christmas beeper.
Brian wrote:how do you trigger it
What do you mean by "to trigger"? If you think about winding elastic, it's simple - just I'm winding about above 360 degrees that parachute is deployed in 20-30 seconds (enough to pump by my compressor).

just DIY