simple 2 stage rocket house hold

Discussion about deployment systems including altimeters, timers, air speed flaps, servo systems, and chemical reactions.
castle-bravo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

simple 2 stage rocket house hold

Post by castle-bravo »

hello i tink this is a good topic to make i got a nice idea that all water rocket people will come handy the idea was a complete 2 stage system that works and that can be made from house hold items or at least items the do not need to be made from a lathe or anyting els
this topic needs to get full of two stage ideas that ar simple and that work in the 60-170 psi range higher range psi is also welcome the idea behind this topic is that there ar less topics about a how to make a 2 stage water rocket or topics that are close to this kind of matter that will cost less time to look for a topic so all kinds of staging things are :W
rockets-in-brighton

Re: simple 2 stage rocket house hold

Post by rockets-in-brighton »

castle-bravo wrote:hello i tink this is a good topic to make i got a nice idea that all water rocket people will come handy the idea was a complete 2 stage system that works and that can be made from house hold items or at least items the do not need to be made from a lathe or anyting els
this topic needs to get full of two stage ideas that ar simple and that work in the 60-170 psi range higher range psi is also welcome the idea behind this topic is that there ar less topics about a how to make a 2 stage water rocket or topics that are close to this kind of matter that will cost less time to look for a topic so all kinds of staging things are :W
I think this might be what you are looking for...

http://www.wra2.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... it=staging
Cheers
Steve
Rockets-in-Brighton
WEB: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rockets-in-brighton
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

castle-bravo wrote:hello i tink this is a good topic to make i got a nice idea that all water rocket people will come handy the idea was a complete 2 stage system that works and that can be made from house hold items or at least items the do not need to be made from a lathe or anyting els
Batkiter once posted a design which used a standard gardena type connector to deploy a staging mechanism that looked very simple. He put elastic on the release so that it would be constantly trying to release and he used a portion of a second bottle to hold the gardena closed when pressurized. With pressure inside the booster stage, the bottle supporting the gardena closed would be held from moving by the swelling of the booster. When launched, the booster would go back to normal size, and the bottle supporting the gardena closed would slip down over the booster and release the second stage.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
castle-bravo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by castle-bravo »

tanks for the fast respont on this one guys i tink the whole idea of the 2 bottle caps is not somting usefull for me im but if it will hold pressure over the 120 mark its welcome
SaskAlex
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by SaskAlex »

castle-bravo wrote:tanks for the fast respont on this one guys i tink the whole idea of the 2 bottle caps is not somting usefull for me im but if it will hold pressure over the 120 mark its welcome
Well, I've only had it up to about 100 psi, but it showed no sign of leakage. The trick is that you can make the shrink tube a very tight fit in the holes. I think if you did a good job, it would hold 150 psi easily. If you attach one end of the shrink wrap to an inflation needle for sports equipment, and then attach the needle to your pump, you can very quickly test whether or not it will hold the pressure you want.
runnin_rocket_maker
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by runnin_rocket_maker »

This is a very neat topic. Does anyone have photos of 2 stage rockets they have completed or the mechanism used to connect the 2 rockets?
eljose707
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by eljose707 »

cool thanks
Jelo
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Jelo »

are you just saying cool to the first posts you find to get you r 15 posts mark? cause on most of the posts i read theres you saying cool thanks r sumthing along the lines...and 15 of them :| suspitious lol
Anto'

always wear a raincoat