German 2-stagerocket

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
schmidi093
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

German 2-stagerocket

Post by schmidi093 »

Hi,

I'm Thomas from Germany and this is my first post in this forum :D. I would like to show you my new two-stage-rocket. It is an SST-rocket with an 5,1 liter Booster and an 2,3 liter sustainer. Both tanks are tested to 13bar (188 psi). Recovery Sytem is a simple tommy-timmer system. Stage-release.system is an crushingsleeve made by Claus (batkiter).
But here are some pictures (If i currently have some time I will paint the rocket):
zweistufige 001klein.jpg
zweistufige 001klein.jpg (29.63 KiB) Viewed 189 times
zweistufige 004klein.jpg
zweistufige 004klein.jpg (29.45 KiB) Viewed 189 times
Greets from Germany

Thomas
thampson
Current WRA2 Dragster Speed & Distance Record Holder
Current WRA2 Dragster Speed & Distance Record Holder

Re: German 2-stagerocket

Post by thampson »

Nice work Thomas.

How have you reinforced the bottles ? 188psi is an impressive pressure with what looks like minimal reinforcement.

Hope your launch is successful :)

-todd-
HHWRSA
Hornsby Heights Water Rocket Space Agency
http://wrocket.hampson.net.au
schmidi093
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by schmidi093 »

Hi Todd

I haven't reinforced this rocket. In German we have a systhem called "Mehrweg" 8) . That means that we have bottles that are used more than one time. Becaus the bottles have to be more stronger they have a greater wall thickness. A single bottle can hold more than 18-20bars (260-290 psi) without exploding, but when you splice them I would not go over the 13 bars (188psi) but some testsplices already held 16 bars (230 psi)(limit of my handpump).

Thomas

Two images of the recovery systems:

Sustainer (one parachute is under the nosecone):
bild 020_800x600.jpg
bild 020_800x600.jpg (366.67 KiB) Viewed 172 times
Booster:
SST3000klein.jpg
SST3000klein.jpg (35.98 KiB) Viewed 172 times
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

schmidi093 wrote:Hi,

I'm Thomas from Germany and this is my first post in this forum :D. I would like to show you my new two-stage-rocket. It is an SST-rocket with an 5,1 liter Booster and an 2,3 liter sustainer. Both tanks are tested to 13bar (188 psi). Recovery Sytem is a simple tommy-timmer system. Stage-release.system is an crushingsleeve made by Claus (batkiter).
But here are some pictures (If i currently have some time I will paint the rocket)

Greets from Germany

Thomas
Welcome to the forum and the WRA2 Thomas :W
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

schmidi093 wrote:Hi,

But here are some pictures (If i currently have some time I will paint the rocket):
zweistufige 001klein.jpg
zweistufige 004klein.jpg
Greets from Germany

Thomas

Hi Thomas! Welcome to the forum! I don't know what an SST-rocket is. Can you explain what SST means?
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Brian »

Hi Thomas, your rocket looks great.
how high does it go?
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w
schmidi093
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by schmidi093 »

Hi Thomas! Welcome to the forum! I don't know what an SST-rocket is. Can you explain what SST means?
SST means the method I use for gluing the parts of the bottle together.
SSTglue.JPG
SSTglue.JPG (4.59 KiB) Viewed 152 times
schmidi093
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by schmidi093 »

Hi Brian

Befor I can fly the rocket i have to make 2 new parachutes and a new launcher. But the simulator says that the rocket fly up to 300Meters (984 feet) when I use 11bar :twisted: . I don't know wheter I use a altimeter
When I use a Cable Tie Launcher for the booster a litel bit higher (nozzle diameter of the sustainer is 9mm). Here a picture of the launcher I want to build.
startrampe3d.jpg
startrampe3d.jpg (14.96 KiB) Viewed 152 times
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

schmidi093 wrote:Hi Brian

Befor I can fly the rocket i have to make 2 new parachutes and a new launcher. But the simulator says that the rocket fly up to 300Meters (984 feet) when I use 11bar :twisted: . I don't know wheter I use a altimeter
When I use a Cable Tie Launcher for the booster a litel bit higher (nozzle diameter of the sustainer is 9mm). Here a picture of the launcher I want to build.
startrampe3d.jpg
Thomas,

Where did you get the picture of the launcher? Are there plans available for this design? It looks really impressive. I would like to improve my launcher so that it doesn't look like an amateur built it. People would be impressed if I had a launcher that looked as good as that.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
schmidi093
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by schmidi093 »

Hi,

This picture of the Launcher I made by my self. It is a picture out of Solide Edge. There aren't any plans for this launching base. I will build it out of 18mm phenolic resin coated plywood plates. The Cabletielauncher is made out of steel, the nozzle material is POM, a very strong kind of plastic. I can screw every kind of launcher on it (Gardena normal (9mm), Gardena profi (15mm) and Cable Tie (22mm).
Here is a picture of the calbe tie Launcher with base plate (No cableties in this image).
ctasm.jpg
ctasm.jpg (13.56 KiB) Viewed 137 times
Fot stabilizing the rocket on the first meter I can use 3 aluminium tubes, ore a 6mm ITEM-Rail, which is used by the german pyro-rocketyrs.
I can post a plan if there is use.
Thomas
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Tim Chen wrote:
schmidi093 wrote:Hi Brian

startrampe3d.jpg
Thomas,

Where did you get the picture of the launcher? Are there plans available for this design? It looks really impressive. I would like to improve my launcher so that it doesn't look like an amateur built it. People would be impressed if I had a launcher that looked as good as that.

Our launcher is made from steel water pipes and pressure treated lumber. It's 7 years old, so it's nicely weathered too. Nobody seems to notice it at all when the rocket is on it.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
schmidi093
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by schmidi093 »

Ready for take off with the new launchpad :D:
Startrampedoku 015.jpg
Startrampedoku 015.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 91 times
Thomas
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

schmidi093 wrote:Ready for take off with the new launchpad :D:
Startrampedoku 015.jpg
Thomas
That's a really well made launcher. You have done a really professional job. Nice work! The bike wheel is a really cool idea to connect the launch rails and allow clearance for the fins to pass through.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison