Day 4 Water Rocket Test

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
jerm
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Day 4 Water Rocket Test

Post by jerm »

Hi Everyone,

This is my first video post and this was just my 4th launch day. This was the first day with no issues.
The rocket is made from 1.5L bottles and with a splice in the bottom two bottles and a tornado coupling joining the top bottle. The launcher is a cable tie system and the recovery system is a tommy timer with a side deployment parachute.

This was the first successful fight with the camera (MD80) that worked this time. I got some good footage on this test flight.

This was a very good test day with the first splice, the first successful video and a new tommy timmer. There is still more work to do but the new systems work well.

Please enjoy the video.
[www.youtube.com][/watch?v=jfIYNDmGRDE]
DY Water Rockets
jerm
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Day 4 Water Rocket Test

Post by jerm »

Sorry trying again no video on the last one.

Hi Everyone,

This is my first video post and this was just my 4th launch day. This was the first day with no issues.

The rocket is made from 1.5L bottles and with a splice in the bottom two bottles and a tornado coupling joining the top bottle. The launcher is a cable tie system and the recovery system is a tommy timer with a side deployment parachute.

This was the first successful fight with the camera (MD80) that worked this time. I got some good footage on this test flight.

This was a very good test day with the first splice, the first successful video and a new tommy timmer. There is still more work to do but the new systems work well.

Please enjoy the video.
[youtube][/youtube]
DY Water Rockets
air.command

Post by air.command »

Very nice flights jerm and good on-board video as well. Looks like we missed each other only by hours. We were launching at the same oval in the afternoon on the 22nd. Perhaps we should co-ordinate. :D

- George
http://www.AirCommandRockets.com
thampson
Current WRA2 Dragster Speed & Distance Record Holder
Current WRA2 Dragster Speed & Distance Record Holder

Post by thampson »

Nice flight, video and recovery jerm :) well done

-todd-
HHWRSA
Hornsby Heights Water Rocket Space Agency
http://wrocket.hampson.net.au
jerm
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by jerm »

Thanks to all the Aussie's for their comments. You both have helped with your web sites and yes George same place different time.

-Jeremy
DY Water Rockets