firstflight

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
liftoff

firstflight

Post by liftoff »

hi all, first attempt at the wind-up toy parachute deployment mechanism and it worked lovely with the 4litre rocket untill it started leaking at the splice after about 6 launches. moved fins and recovery over to 2 litre and it lawn darted it on the second launche. recovery unit now unrecovereble :(

playing around with different glues to splice. tried joining with gripfill and a bead of sikaflex in the join. will let it dry out and build a new recovery unit for the weekend.

also built a new launcher using the trusty gardina setup

check out my video on youtube

[youtube][/youtube]

thanks

dieter
The Mooseheads
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: firstflight

Post by The Mooseheads »

liftoff wrote:hi all, first attempt at the wind-up toy parachute deployment mechanism and it worked lovely with the 4litre rocket untill it started leaking at the splice after about 6 launches. moved fins and recovery over to 2 litre and it lawn darted it on the second launche. recovery unit now unrecovereble :(

playing around with different glues to splice. tried joining with gripfill and a bead of sikaflex in the join. will let it dry out and build a new recovery unit for the weekend.

also built a new launcher using the trusty gardina setup

check out my video on youtube

[youtube][/youtube]

thanks

dieter

Hello dieter and weclome to the Forum. :)

The video shows the deploy system worked really well on the first rocket. Too bad about the leaks. Have you thought about getting some PL premium from the states for splicing. You cannot find a better splicing glue anywhere on the face of the Earth!

From the sound of your video it looks like the children had a blast!
Rick C.
The Mooseheads
liftoff

Re: firstflight

Post by liftoff »

This PL Premium adhesive sound like the best stuff allright. I have some Plyurothane adhesive that i would also like to experiment with.