V3 MKII + K1 Launch video

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
danb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

V3 MKII + K1 Launch video

Post by danb »

Yesterday the BWR team headed over to our local launch site to launch our newest rockets 1st up was the newly rebuilt V3 after a launch pad explosion last year we had no such luck this time with 2 crash landings post video analysis i think we did not have enough weight in the nose causing the rocket to instantly arc over that and possibly the large fins might have acted as a wing any suggestions or advice would be appreciated, the final rocket was my daughters K1 this a spliced pair 3.2L it handled 120psi very well no cracks or creaks parachute worked well i have 2 more pairs to be added to this rocket waiting for them to cure and some tornado tubes to arrive will post up updates any comments welcome
link to my vimeo page enjoy
dan b
beatquest_djnn
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: V3 MKII + K1 Launch video

Post by beatquest_djnn »

Cool video! Your rockets are lifting slowly.. fun to watch!

Are you using a lot of water? What's you ratio?
If it has been done, I can do it...
If not, give me some time to find out how!
danb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by danb »

Thanks for the comment i dont think im using too much water i start with total amount of the bottle then split it into thirds then take another 200mls off that then just experiment with more or less the V3 has a total vol of 3.7L how much would others recommend to fill the rocket? also i do use jet foam if i had used water alone results would have been better
danb
thampson
Current WRA2 Dragster Speed & Distance Record Holder
Current WRA2 Dragster Speed & Distance Record Holder

Post by thampson »

Dan b,

Nice videos, the higher pressure launches were good to watch. 30% water is usually about the right amount.

-todd-
HHWRSA
Hornsby Heights Water Rocket Space Agency
http://wrocket.hampson.net.au