4liter launch in BC, Canada

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
longpaddle
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

4liter launch in BC, Canada

Post by longpaddle »

Finally have a good working air flap parachute system. Time to up the pressure.
4liter rocket, 1.5l water, 85psi, 221ft.
Sunny day, no wind, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.
[youtube][/youtube]
Longpaddle Rockets
BC, Canada
Daan.[D&P]Rockets*
Current WRA2 Flight Duration World Record Holder
Current WRA2 Flight Duration World Record Holder

Re: 4liter launch in BC, Canada

Post by Daan.[D&P]Rockets* »

I love vancouver island ;) been there last year! amazing! And nice launch :)
longpaddle
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by longpaddle »

Thanks Daan, We have family that we visit on the island. We live just south of Vancouver, but we also get away to little place in the middle of the province too. Great outdoor place to live.
I had a look at your web site, great rockets, I'm looking at building your elsatic pop off nose cone for my next tommy timer rocket.
Here's another launch, closer to home this time.
[youtube][/youtube]
Longpaddle Rockets
BC, Canada
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

longpaddle wrote:Thanks Daan, We have family that we visit on the island. We live just south of Vancouver, but we also get away to little place in the middle of the province too. Great outdoor place to live.
I had a look at your web site, great rockets, I'm looking at building your elsatic pop off nose cone for my next tommy timer rocket.
[youtube][/youtube]
You have a very nice place to launch!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
longpaddle
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by longpaddle »

U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:
longpaddle wrote:Thanks Daan, We have family that we visit on the island. We live just south of Vancouver, but we also get away to little place in the middle of the province too. Great outdoor place to live.
[youtube][/youtube]
Funny you mention that. Launch sites are one of my biggest problems.
Where I live there is a bylaw that restricts the use of any kind of rocket.
One because we have an international airport not far away (good call) but they also don't want rockets falling on anyones head. Put fins on a pop bottle and everyone see a dangerous rocket.
I have an arrangement with one farmer but he is a long drive. I'm currently canvasing farmers in my local area.
Longpaddle Rockets
BC, Canada
U.S. Water Rockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets »

longpaddle wrote:
U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]
Funny you mention that. Launch sites are one of my biggest problems.
Where I live there is a bylaw that restricts the use of any kind of rocket.
One because we have an international airport not far away (good call) but they also don't want rockets falling on anyones head. Put fins on a pop bottle and everyone see a dangerous rocket.
I have an arrangement with one farmer but he is a long drive. I'm currently canvasing farmers in my local area.
Are you saying that there are no rockets at all allowed, even if you follow the proper safety precautions??? That's crazy.