water rockets/deployment system

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
MrJakeFehr
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

water rockets/deployment system

Post by MrJakeFehr »

I have some pictures from about 3 years ago that I thought I would share. I am planning to build a servo release system this winter my current deployment system works well but does not like higher pressure. I bought some cheap DSM2 receivers for $6 from hobby king that way I can control when the parachute deploys by the flip of a switch. I plan on building a few new rockets this winter and plan on posting the progress.
Attachments
Want to build a new deployment system using this receiver which I got from hobby king for six dollars should be lighter and if I use the throttle channel on JR transmitter it will deploy if it loses a signal because of the throttle fail safe built into the radio sytem.
Want to build a new deployment system using this receiver which I got from hobby king for six dollars should be lighter and if I use the throttle channel on JR transmitter it will deploy if it loses a signal because of the throttle fail safe built into the radio sytem.
IMG_0192[1].JPG (2.62 MiB) Viewed 112 times
One of my earliest rockets before I developed a reliable deployment systems it uses a servo receiver and a transmitter to deploy it did not work and was really heavy.
One of my earliest rockets before I developed a reliable deployment systems it uses a servo receiver and a transmitter to deploy it did not work and was really heavy.
DSCF0494.JPG (1.27 MiB) Viewed 112 times
One of my large rockets under construction.
One of my large rockets under construction.
DSCF0504.JPG (1.26 MiB) Viewed 112 times
First pneumatic deployment system air chamber was too small for for a reliable release had to make it a bit bigger.
First pneumatic deployment system air chamber was too small for for a reliable release had to make it a bit bigger.
DSCF0505.JPG (1.3 MiB) Viewed 112 times
2 stage rocket launched 3 times then crashed because sustainer did not pressurize.
2 stage rocket launched 3 times then crashed because sustainer did not pressurize.
DSCF0515.JPG (1.25 MiB) Viewed 112 times
Parachute I built had to learn to sew to build these.
Parachute I built had to learn to sew to build these.
DSCF0517.JPG (1.24 MiB) Viewed 112 times
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: water rockets/deployment system

Post by Brian »

They look good!
I'm curious about the rocket in the 3rd picture which seems to have 2 nozzles inside the rocket.
Was there much damage from the crash?
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w
MrJakeFehr
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by MrJakeFehr »

Ya I built a few rockets with the neck of the bottle left inside thinking it would be good for stability on launch tube it was very hard to fill with water with launch tube in place and wasn't needed. Ya the crash destroyed everything but I have replaced that rocket with a large single stage.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

MrJakeFehr wrote:Ya I built a few rockets with the neck of the bottle left inside thinking it would be good for stability on launch tube it was very hard to fill with water with launch tube in place and wasn't needed. Ya the crash destroyed everything but I have replaced that rocket with a large single stage.
Your 2-stage design is really well made. It looks great!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison