Launch Day 7 - DY Water Rockets

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
jerm
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Launch Day 7 - DY Water Rockets

Post by jerm »

Hi everyone,

Nice day today and a good day for waterrockets. Some high lights of launch day 7 for DY Wtaer Rockets.

DY Water Rockets.

[youtube][/youtube]
DY Water Rockets
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Launch Day 7 - DY Water Rockets

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

jerm wrote:Hi everyone,

Nice day today and a good day for waterrockets. Some high lights of launch day 7 for DY Wtaer Rockets.

DY Water Rockets.

[youtube][/youtube]

Nice video! Thanks for posting it on the forum.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Spartan117
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Spartan117 »

jerm wrote:Hi everyone,

DY Water Rockets.

[youtube][/youtube]
How bad was the crash? The rocket did not look damaged too badly but the video did not show it up close.
jerm
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by jerm »

Hi Spartan117,

Thanks for the intrest and there was just damage to the nose cone and a bend in the rocket. The rocket did flight again that day and is still working.

DY Water Rockets
DY Water Rockets
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

jerm wrote:Hi Spartan117,

Thanks for the intrest and there was just damage to the nose cone and a bend in the rocket. The rocket did flight again that day and is still working.

DY Water Rockets
How much does that rocket weigh? It really seems like it had very small damage, considering how high it fell from. It seems like it must be unusually light, unusually strong, or both.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
jerm
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by jerm »

Hi U.S. WAter Rockets1,

Love your work and the rocket dry is about 200g. The nose took the impact and the deployment system (Tommy Timer) was damaged. The pressure chamber was fine. The bottles I used for this rocked have ribs on them and there was no damage to the pressure chamber.

DY Water Rockets.
DY Water Rockets
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

jerm wrote:Hi U.S. WAter Rockets1,

Love your work and the rocket dry is about 200g. The nose took the impact and the deployment system (Tommy Timer) was damaged. The pressure chamber was fine. The bottles I used for this rocked have ribs on them and there was no damage to the pressure chamber.

DY Water Rockets.
Do you put ribs on the bottles somehow or do they come that way? I assume you mean the ribs go along the axis of the rocket to make it stiffer. Is that the right guess?
Bill W.
Team Seneca
jerm
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by jerm »

Hi,

The ribs are on the bottles when I get them. I'm not that good that I can put them on the bottles.

I try not to alter the bottles to much when I use them for the presser chamber.

DY Water Rockets
DY Water Rockets
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

jerm wrote:Hi,

The ribs are on the bottles when I get them. I'm not that good that I can put them on the bottles.

I try not to alter the bottles to much when I use them for the presser chamber.

DY Water Rockets
Bill seems to be asking if the ribs run longitudinally or circumferentially on the bottles. Since longitudinal ribs would make it impossible to splice bottles because they would not shrink correctly then we would think that the ribs run around the bottle circumference. Many countries seem to have bottles with this detail, so it is likely that this is what you meant. The purpose of the ribs is a mystery to us however.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
jerm
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by jerm »

Hi,

They run around the bottle not long ways down the bottle and they are made in the factory like that. I have only taken this bottle and splice to 95psi and the splice is done with sikaflex FC11.

Jeremy
DY Water Rockets
DY Water Rockets
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

jerm wrote:Hi,

They run around the bottle not long ways down the bottle and they are made in the factory like that. I have only taken this bottle and splice to 95psi and the splice is done with sikaflex FC11.

Jeremy
DY Water Rockets
Can you use the ridges that run around the bottle to help make the splice stronger? If you could use the ridges to form an interlocking lip on the inside of the splice, it would be very strong in the lengthwise direction.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page