Fiberglass Water Rocket

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
arjan
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Fiberglass Water Rocket

Post by arjan »

Today I launched my new "low pressure" fiberglass water rocket.
Launch pressure 100 psi
Volume 2.2 L
Waterfill 0.6 L

[youtube][/youtube]

As you can see there was a lot of fog this day, almost lost the rocket because of it
My blog will be updated later this week.
Arjan

n-bwaterrockets.blogspot.com
Reptiglorandrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Fiberglass Water Rocket

Post by Reptiglorandrockets »

Hi, this looked like a really good rocket! Giving that it is fiberglass, don't you think that is should be able to hold higher pressures?

Thanks,
Randy
Blog:http://rrockets.blogspot.com/?m=1

Email: reptiglorandrockets@gmail.com

Visit Reptiglorandrockets on YouTube!

Facebook: Randy Truman Jr.
arjan
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Fiberglass Water Rocket

Post by arjan »

Reptiglorandrockets wrote:Hi, this looked like a really good rocket! Giving that it is fiberglass, don't you think that is should be able to hold higher pressures?

Thanks,
Randy
Hi randy,

Yes I think this rocket will be able to hold higher pressures, this was the first flight of this rocket, it was my first cable tie launcher, and there's a inline deployment system that was not yet tested in flight. So there where a lot of new things for me to try, that's why I kept the launchpressure low.

I think the burstpressure will be somewhere around 180 psi or maybe 200 but that will probably be the max. I build this rocket out of glass/epoxy because FTC and similar tubes aren't available in my country, so decided to build my own "FTC like" tube, the wallthickness is slightly thicker than a pet bottle.
I'm going to increase launchpressure every flight and go on untill it bursts.
Arjan

n-bwaterrockets.blogspot.com