Night Launch

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Night Launch

Post by bugwubber »

Well Spring came with a bang today to our area. As nightfall approached I knew it was time to test launch Nyte Furie.

~bugwubber
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Night Launch

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

bugwubber wrote:Well Spring came with a bang today to our area. As nightfall approached I knew it was time to test launch Nyte Furie.

~bugwubber
That turned out much better than our night flight. We did it so long ago we had to use film in the camera (remember those) because digital cameras were so crappy in low light.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Prodigy Rocketry
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Night Launch

Post by Prodigy Rocketry »

I recently launched some at night with a class of Cival Air Patrol students. We put some very light and affordable ($1.50 ea.) shoe string LED lights from e Bay on the rockets. They have three modes, continuous light, flash fast and flash slow. The kids really thought the night launch was cool. I even managed to explode one on the launcher (140psi) with the lights on. The light module seperated and blew about 20 feet away completely unharmed and still working. The kids loved the boom too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Pair-3-Mode-L ... 4d12a288ba
Any opinion can be raised, but few grow up to become facts.