the Water Buffalo

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

the Water Buffalo

Post by bugwubber »

Well, I'm not quite ready to post a picture of my newest rocket. Still have some painting to finish, but i wanted to share an amusing story that happened today.

This morning, I decided on a name for this rocket so I told my kids it was named Water Buffalo. They scrunched their faces and naturally asked why.

My response..."Because, could you imagine this thing being set loose in a china store? It'd look like a water buffalo ran through there"!

Later in the day we went shopping to get more rockets and food.

My youngest dropped one of the two-liters at the checkout and it landed on the cap which immediately broke.

It went sailing across the store, leaving a stream of root beer in its wake!

Oh it was quite a mess. Just can't believe that happened all in one day!

Thanks,

Bugwubber
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: the Water Buffalo

Post by bugwubber »

Wow life got busy this last month!
Anyway, here is a picture of the almost completed Water Buffalo.
I've only been able to do a couple launches so I am still in the process of dialing in the ballast. Once that is set I will install the payload. Strangely, I had a setback where the pressure bottle nozzle cracked along the die seam. That's been replaced and test launches are looking promising. The bottle brand is "SuperChill" so going to stop buying those.
Water Buffalo
Water Buffalo
DSC09817.JPG (390.86 KiB) Viewed 41 times

Bugwubber
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

bugwubber wrote:Well, I'm not quite ready to post a picture of my newest rocket. Still have some painting to finish, but i wanted to share an amusing story that happened today.

This morning, I decided on a name for this rocket so I told my kids it was named Water Buffalo. They scrunched their faces and naturally asked why.

My response..."Because, could you imagine this thing being set loose in a china store? It'd look like a water buffalo ran through there"!

Later in the day we went shopping to get more rockets and food.

My youngest dropped one of the two-liters at the checkout and it landed on the cap which immediately broke.

It went sailing across the store, leaving a stream of root beer in its wake!

Oh it was quite a mess. Just can't believe that happened all in one day!

Thanks,

Bugwubber

That's a funny story!

But you left out one detail... did you have to pay for the soda?
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:
That's a funny story!

Actually they wouldn't let me keep the empty bottle. So they brought up a replacement. Poor kid was trying to help load the cart after the checker had rung up the items and it tumbled off the checkstand.

Bugwubber
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

bugwubber wrote:
U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:
That's a funny story!

Actually they wouldn't let me keep the empty bottle. So they brought up a replacement. Poor kid was trying to help load the cart after the checker had rung up the items and it tumbled off the checkstand.

Bugwubber

What a cool story!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison