Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

Halloween

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Halloween

Post by bugwubber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:20 am

Kids have it too easy in my neighborhood. The "spooky" houses are nothing but decorations and electronic noises. Most houses don't put up any fight at all happily handing out buckets of "fun size" chocolates and treats. I admit, we have been one of those houses. Nothing but flaming pumpkins and treats.

This year will be a bit...different.
1-DSC00200.JPG
Bugwubber
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Halloween

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:09 am

bugwubber wrote:Kids have it too easy in my neighborhood. The "spooky" houses are nothing but decorations and electronic noises. Most houses don't put up any fight at all happily handing out buckets of "fun size" chocolates and treats. I admit, we have been one of those houses. Nothing but flaming pumpkins and treats.

This year will be a bit...different.
1-DSC00200.JPG
Bugwubber

A water rocket powered ghost?

Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:33 pm

Yep making these for the Scout's halloween party. A number of these will be lawn ornaments in my yard that launch at opportune moments.

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:01 pm

bugwubber wrote:Yep making these for the Scout's halloween party. A number of these will be lawn ornaments in my yard that launch at opportune moments.
Will you run air supplies to each one and pressurize them when you are about to use them, or do you plan to fill them before the night and they will hold pressure until launched?

Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:51 am

U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:
bugwubber wrote:Yep making these for the Scout's halloween party. A number of these will be lawn ornaments in my yard that launch at opportune moments.
Will you run air supplies to each one and pressurize them when you are about to use them, or do you plan to fill them before the night and they will hold pressure until launched?
No, can't have a bunch of charged rockets because some kids wander through the yards. Hope the caution tape will keep em on the path this year. Anyway I'll have the derby launcher set up to release rockets one at a time. That will require me to just turn valves to prime for the next launch. The rockets not on the launcher will just be acting as pathway lights although noone will know that those won't move.

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:03 pm

An instructional for the kids to make these.
CAM00060.jpg
The lights are little paper lantern led lights that twist on and off. Bonus- they are waterproof.

Bugwubber
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:52 pm

And the video from the Halloween party. Or as I called it, a dry run (no water)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBTa6AOpCAk

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

ptx
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by ptx » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:57 pm

I wonder what the guys at the cars passing thought if they saw that lights going up .. scary .. :]

ptx

Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:06 am

Bill W.
Team Seneca

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:10 am

nunopt wrote:I wonder what the guys at the cars passing thought if they saw that lights going up .. scary .. :]
The highway in the background is largely blocked by trees so combined with speed, doubt they would have seen much. The side road to the left, yeah they might have seen something. :-)

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:12 am

Team Seneca wrote:That reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB8D2QZ9lA44
Shoot, the youtube link isn't working for me. What was the title?

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:29 pm

Ok here they are, waiting for victims. Drunken Unicyclist is on the right :-)
CAM00072.jpg
I'll upload the video tomorrow night after things calm down.

Bugwubber

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:22 am

Well, turns out my plans were changed for me. A 50mile trip to the office and getting voted to walk with our kids pretty much killed off the Scare. But still got in a couple launches.
http://youtu.be/izwaejtz7LU

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.