NSA Water Rocket

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
ptx
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

NSA Water Rocket

Post by ptx »

My 2nd rocket and 1st with parachute, I used the simple gravity NSA and did several tests with it (nose cone weight, interference between nose cone and parachute, packing ...) but could not find a robust setting.
My parachute deployment success rate was around 20%, so although it was a good experiment, I will not keep this system on my future rockets. On my next one I will try the tommy timer ..

[youtube][/youtube]
ptx
Jamie5335
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: NSA Water Rocket

Post by Jamie5335 »

Hello Nuno,

Thanks for the post, it is good to see you slowly working your way up in the skills of water rocketry- that way you will not make the same mistake as me and try to much new experimentation at a time! Everything becomes destroyed!

Look forward to future attempts! We are trying to incorporate a flight computer into our Parachute Release sytem so we will see how it goes!

Jamie B
JSB Rocketry
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCczlD-uBjlYdJyBFEfuCEbg/feed

Jamie Bignell,
jamie.s.bignell@gmail.com
Somerset UK

"The important thing is to know how to take all things quietly" -Michael Faraday.
ptx
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by ptx »

Jamie5335 wrote:Hello Nuno,

Thanks for the post, it is good to see you slowly working your way up in the skills of water rocketry- that way you will not make the same mistake as me and try to much new experimentation at a time! Everything becomes destroyed!

Look forward to future attempts! We are trying to incorporate a flight computer into our Parachute Release sytem so we will see how it goes!

Jamie B

Hi Jamie,

thats the idea, this is just a very enjoyable hobby so I have no hurries.

Nice to know you are going to a flight computer, I hope someday also do that. Are you going for a arduino setup?

Thx
ptx
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

nunopt wrote:
Jamie5335 wrote:Hello Nuno,

Jamie B

Hi Jamie,

thats the idea, this is just a very enjoyable hobby so I have no hurries.

Nice to know you are going to a flight computer, I hope someday also do that. Are you going for a arduino setup?

Thx
Experimenting with flight electronics is a great way to go. There are so many useful things to learn that can be applied to water rockets. Nice to see more people getting their feet wet!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
rstaff3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by rstaff3 »

Best rocket range ever! Plus it has an endless supply of fuel. :)