Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

Pics of Water Rockets in flight, taken by other rockets

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
Post Reply
User avatar
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 1087
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:47 am

Pics of Water Rockets in flight, taken by other rockets

Post by bugwubber » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:11 am

Thought this would be a fun topic to get going...

Taken from Laissez Les Bon Temps Volent:

Golden Eagle
Golden Eagle in flight.png
Best
Best in flight.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

User avatar
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:24 pm

Re: Pics of Water Rockets in flight, taken by other rockets

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:51 pm

bugwubber wrote:Thought this would be a fun topic to get going...

Taken from Laissez Les Bon Temps Volent:

Golden Eagle
Golden Eagle in flight.png
Best
Best in flight.png


Does this count?

http://www.uswaterrockets.com/research_ ... report.htm


Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison

User avatar
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 1087
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Pics of Water Rockets in flight, taken by other rockets

Post by bugwubber » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:46 am

U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:
bugwubber wrote:Thought this would be a fun topic to get going...

Taken from Laissez Les Bon Temps Volent:

Golden Eagle
Golden Eagle in flight.png
Best
Best in flight.png


Does this count?

http://www.uswaterrockets.com/research_ ... report.htm
Close enough! Those are great pictures. Since they are semi-attached, does that make them rocket selfies? :-)


Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

User avatar
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:24 pm

Re: Pics of Water Rockets in flight, taken by other rockets

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:01 pm

bugwubber wrote:
U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:
bugwubber wrote:Thought this would be a fun topic to get going...

Taken from Laissez Les Bon Temps Volent:

Golden Eagle
Golden Eagle in flight.png
Best
Best in flight.png


Does this count?

http://www.uswaterrockets.com/research_ ... report.htm
Close enough! Those are great pictures. Since they are semi-attached, does that make them rocket selfies? :-)
That's what we called them in one of the videos! LOL!


Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison

User avatar
ptx
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Re: Pics of Water Rockets in flight, taken by other rockets

Post by ptx » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:58 pm

With 2 small wings the Golden Eagle would look like a Tomawak during flight.


ptx

User avatar
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 1087
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Pics of Water Rockets in flight, taken by other rockets

Post by bugwubber » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:53 am

ptx wrote:With 2 small wings the Golden Eagle would look like a Tomawak during flight.
I may have to try that! :-)


Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

User avatar
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:24 pm

Re: Pics of Water Rockets in flight, taken by other rockets

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Speaking of cool rocket videos... we've just released Part II of our chase camera video. In this installment, we show how we redesigned the Chase Camera Pod so that it would not get destroyed when it hits the water column. We had several successful flights and posted some of the great footage we took with the new system:

[youtube][/youtube]


Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison

User avatar
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 1087
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Pics of Water Rockets in flight, taken by other rockets

Post by bugwubber » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:11 pm

U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:Speaking of cool rocket videos... we've just released Part II of our chase camera video. In this installment, we show how we redesigned the Chase Camera Pod so that it would not get destroyed when it hits the water column. We had several successful flights and posted some of the great footage we took with the new system:

[youtube][/youtube]
Excellent work y'all! Y'all have inspired me to stop buying toy cameras. We are going to load all of our cameras on the Derby launcher at Sequoia NP and see if we can get some good space derby footage.


Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

User avatar
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:24 pm

Re: Pics of Water Rockets in flight, taken by other rockets

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:32 pm

bugwubber wrote:
U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:Speaking of cool rocket videos... we've just released Part II of our chase camera video. In this installment, we show how we redesigned the Chase Camera Pod so that it would not get destroyed when it hits the water column. We had several successful flights and posted some of the great footage we took with the new system:

[youtube][/youtube]
Excellent work y'all! Y'all have inspired me to stop buying toy cameras. We are going to load all of our cameras on the Derby launcher at Sequoia NP and see if we can get some good space derby footage.
You HAVE to get one of these Key chain 808 #16 cameras! The video quality is really top shelf!


Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison

Post Reply