Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

First time with video faceing the ground

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

First time with video faceing the ground

Post by dwrrule » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:12 am

Heres some pics from my ground view camera. As its laying on its side. I put the chute in the middle of the rocket an i get more stable video for pics. An heres the two video from that flight. On one of them the back end was to high. I need to put a bigger mirror so the sides dont show.

Click here to watch Inflight-95

Click here to watch In-flight-2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aquafire
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: First time with video faceing the ground

Post by Aquafire » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:52 am

dwrrule wrote:Heres some pics from my ground view camera. As its laying on its side. I put the chute in the middle of the rocket an i get more stable video for pics. An heres the two video from that flight. On one of them the back end was to high. I need to put a bigger mirror so the sides dont show.

Click here to watch Inflight-95

Click here to watch In-flight-2
Great work! I remember you asked about this a while ago. It looks like the idea worked. Is this a new launch site? I miss the cows. :lol:

dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:26 am

No this is the park. it would have been at the field but hes watering them

Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:17 pm

dwrrule wrote:No this is the park. it would have been at the field but hes watering them
Do other people in the park give you a hard time about flying rockets? Someone years ago crashed an estes rocket on a picnic in our close by local park (nobody was hurt) but now all the locals are freaked out by rockets and r/c planes and make a fuss when people fly them. It sucks because we think we practice really safe flying.

Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise

dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:29 pm

No they like me there. they even told me if i got a rocket stuck they would get it out. They also told me i would neer be kicked out of the park!!!!

Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:46 am

dwrrule wrote:No they like me there. they even told me if i got a rocket stuck they would get it out. They also told me i would neer be kicked out of the park!!!!
I've gotta find a cool park like yours! Dang!