My highest flight with my camera

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

My highest flight with my camera

Post by dwrrule »

The video is a is a little wobbly. I also cant figure out where the wistles coming from. Heres also some pictures.

Click here to watch nice-flight
Attachments
vlcsnap-1724959.png
vlcsnap-1723866.png
vlcsnap-1723100.png
vlcsnap-1722944.png
vlcsnap-1722769.png
vlcsnap-1722157.png
Mark Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: My highest flight with my camera

Post by Mark Chen »

Boy that camera is really getting up there! It's amazing how powerful the thurst is with a regular plain old water rocket to lift the camera up that high! Don't try this with your estes pyro rockets! Ha ha ha!
Mark Chen
Team Enterprise
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

Yea i figured its about 340 feet. the rocket weighs 3.5 OZ's an the camera weighs 6 OZ's with 120 psi with 3 cups of water
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

the way i figured how high i was is i took a picture of my car at 30 feet with the same video camera as the rocket. an the car was 4" 1/4 in. then i messured the car in the picture an its 3/8 on a in. Theres 11 of the 3/8s an one 1/8th left over an thats how i came up with 330 to 340 counting the 1/8.
Andromeda

Post by Andromeda »

Great video man. Is this rocket your 2-stage?
Andromeda
No matter where you go, there you are.
- Buckaroo Bansia
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

Nope!!! just my camera rocket
Andromeda

Post by Andromeda »

dwrrule wrote:Nope!!! just my camera rocket
It went so high I thought is was 2 stages. Is the rocket very large in displacement volume?

Do you have any plans to make a camera for more than one stage? It would be cool to see the booster coming down from high above in the sustainer. I think that would be a challenge to get on video!

Good job going so high with one rocket stage!
Andromeda
No matter where you go, there you are.
- Buckaroo Bansia
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Looks good! But I have a question for you. Are you still using the CVS camera? I saw a mod on one of the r/c Yahoo groups showing how to put AAA batteries into the camera instead of AA batteries and save a bunch of weight. They used a paper tube and spring to adapt the battery size to match. I can't find the file now to save my life, but that's the general idea. You could use it to go higher if you wanted to make it lighter.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

Tim Chen wrote:
Looks good! But I have a question for you. Are you still using the CVS camera? I saw a mod on one of the r/c old mailing list groups showing how to put AAA batteries into the camera instead of AA batteries and save a bunch of weight. They used a paper tube and spring to adapt the battery size to match. I can't find the file now to save my life, but that's the general idea. You could use it to go higher if you wanted to make it lighter.
That's one reason why I never bothered to sign up for any of those guy's MSN or Yahoo Groups. Those groups never had any way to attach files to messages and no logical organization to the messages. Everything of interest ends up scattered in a miniscule community area with no easy way to sort or search and people have to nuke stuff to make room for their uploads. To top it off they run so slowly it is almost painful to browse them.

If you ever find the files put them here so people can actually make use of them!
Bill W.
Team Seneca
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

Yea im still using that same camera. That sounds like a GREAT idea. Thanks i will look that up an see if i can find something simliar. GOOD IDEA!!!!! :D
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

dwrrule wrote:Yea im still using that same camera. That sounds like a GREAT idea. Thanks i will look that up an see if i can find something simliar. GOOD IDEA!!!!! :D
I think you could make a cardboard spacer and spring deal pretty easily without instructions. You just need to adapt the diameter so the batteries stay put under launch conditions. Glad to help you out!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Team Seneca wrote:
Tim Chen wrote:
Looks good! But I have a question for you. Are you still using the CVS camera? I saw a mod on one of the r/c old mailing list groups showing how to put AAA batteries into the camera instead of AA batteries and save a bunch of weight. They used a paper tube and spring to adapt the battery size to match. I can't find the file now to save my life, but that's the general idea. You could use it to go higher if you wanted to make it lighter.
That's one reason why I never bothered to sign up for any of those guy's MSN or old mailing list Groups. Those groups never had any way to attach files to messages and no logical organization to the messages. Everything of interest ends up scattered in a miniscule community area with no easy way to sort or search and people have to nuke stuff to make room for their uploads. To top it off they run so slowly it is almost painful to browse them.

If you ever find the files put them here so people can actually make use of them!
The groups are FREE to operate and use, so there's really no reason to complain. They're not forcing you to use them. Free and slow is better than pay. If Microsoft ever buys Yahoo then maybe they will revamp the interface to be more like MSN because that's somewhat more organized.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

Tim Chen wrote:
The groups are FREE to operate and use, so there's really no reason to complain. They're not forcing you to use them. Free and slow is better than pay. If Microsoft ever buys old mailing list then maybe they will revamp the interface to be more like MSN because that's somewhat more organized.
Those groups aren't really free. You pay for them by sitting through their annoying advertisements.

I don't think Micro$oft is interested in those groups either way. They have their own version of groups and according to what I read they only want the Yawn-hoo search engine business. They have a tradition of buying companies for one product and letting the remainder rot away.

MSN groups doesn't allow attachments in messages either so even if their interface is the best, it still is worthless. It's just less worthless than Yawn-hoo. If you have to say "Look in the Fred Smith Launcher Folder for my John Doe Staging Mechanism Plans." then it's worthless.
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Team Seneca wrote: MSN groups doesn't allow attachments in messages either so even if their interface is the best, it still is worthless. It's just less worthless than Yawn-hoo. If you have to say "Look in the Fred Smith Launcher Folder for my John Doe Staging Mechanism Plans." then it's worthless.
I think you're mistaken. I know you can attach files in messages on MSN. I've put photos in my messages before. I know it works.
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: I think you're mistaken. I know you can attach files in messages on MSN. I've put photos in my messages before. I know it works.
No. I am right. You can't attach files. You can link to files hosted externally which is a royal PIA and how many times do you see people link to files they have on one of those free file sharing sites and you can't get them because the download limit is exceeded or the person deleted them or the host went out of business? There's no reason to put users through that kind of abuse.

We're getting off topic now. We can get back to water rocket talk. We have the Water Rocket Forum now and don't have to worry about that junk. You don't hear people with iPhones talking about 8-track tapes do you? :twisted:
Bill W.
Team Seneca