Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

Third flight of my first water rocket.

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
Mts Water Rockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Third flight of my first water rocket.

Post by Mts Water Rockets » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:22 pm

This the video of the launch I did today. It's the third launch of my first water rocket called Small Bro. I will launch my second water rocket called Big Bro soon. This is the link to my blog post with more information: https://mts-water-rockets.blogspot.com/ ... first.html

anachronist
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Third flight of my first water rocket.

Post by anachronist » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:13 pm

Congratulations on a successful flight!
My first water rocket self-destructed in midair. A small bottle is likely to keep its shape, but the 2-liter bottles these days have such thin walls that they buckle too easily from the internal vacuum formed in the bottle after the water is exhausted. After repairs, I could launch the same rocket at low pressures, but at 100 psi it would self-destruct.