Third flight of my first water rocket.

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
Mts Water Rockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Third flight of my first water rocket.

Post by Mts Water Rockets »

This the video of the launch I did today. It's the third launch of my first water rocket called Small Bro. I will launch my second water rocket called Big Bro soon. This is the link to my blog post with more information: https://mts-water-rockets.blogspot.com/ ... first.html

anachronist
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Third flight of my first water rocket.

Post by anachronist »

Congratulations on a successful flight!
My first water rocket self-destructed in midair. A small bottle is likely to keep its shape, but the 2-liter bottles these days have such thin walls that they buckle too easily from the internal vacuum formed in the bottle after the water is exhausted. After repairs, I could launch the same rocket at low pressures, but at 100 psi it would self-destruct.
motorcyclepilot
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Third flight of my first water rocket.

Post by motorcyclepilot »

anachronist wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:13 pm A small bottle is likely to keep its shape, but the 2-liter bottles these days have such thin walls that they buckle too easily from the internal vacuum formed in the bottle after the water is exhausted.
Most of my 2 liter rockets were launched at 120psi. I did not experience vacuum deformation, that I know of. I'll have to get an inboard camera to see if this occurs.

Motorcyclepilot