Test flight Class C rocket Team.[D&P] Rockets*

Post photos and videos of your rocket, launches and your onboard video or photos here. A wide variety of formats supported including attachments and embedded youtube.
Daan.[D&P]Rockets*
Current WRA2 Flight Duration World Record Holder

Test flight Class C rocket Team.[D&P] Rockets*

Post by Daan.[D&P]Rockets* »

Hi,

Yesterday we launched our class C rocket. It was a test launch because there was a lot of wind..
Altough it reached a height of 106 meter or 349 feet. It made a beautifull onboard movie!!
enjoy!

[youtube][/youtube]

Today we want to go for the record but again there is a lot of wind and clouds..
TDFwaterrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Test flight Class C rocket Team.[D&P] Rockets*

Post by TDFwaterrockets »

Hi

Great flight!!! That was a very long flight. You should attach the nozecone on with some string, it almost hit you!

TDFwaterrockets
http://tdfwaterrockets.blogspot.com/
Daan.[D&P]Rockets*

It was Pleun that was standing close to the drop of the nosecone :)
But you have a point with the nosecone attaching to the rocket. We didnt do that this launch because we where afraid that it get into the way of the onboard camera.
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Daan.[D&P]Rockets* wrote:It was Pleun that was standing close to the drop of the nosecone :)
But you have a point with the nosecone attaching to the rocket. We didnt do that this launch because we where afraid that it get into the way of the onboard camera.
Great video D&P! That's fantastic! It looked very windy out for that launch too. I would be afraid the wind would take my rocket away. I am jealous because you have no snow there! It's snowing and cold still where we live.

I think we should suggest a rules clarification based on your video. I think they should add that the rocket flight would be not counted if the rocket touches any other objects while flying or descending. A timed flight could be extended by several seconds if a rocket were to fall through trees or land on a roof and then roll off slowly.

What do you guys think of making a rule clarification like this?

Discuss.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
reno1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by reno1 »

Daan.[D&P]Rockets* wrote:It was Pleun that was standing close to the drop of the nosecone :)
And don't forget the rules. 2) All launched parts of rocket which travel over 6 meters (20 feet) in altitude must have a recovery system which limits their descent rate at time of touchdown at ground level to a maximum velocity of 10 meters/second (33 feet per second) This includes all pieces which separate or are shed off in flight. Fast falling rockets, boosters, debris, or rocket parts can be very dangerous. Recovery system malfunctions for any part will disallow any record flights.

GREAT JOB! Keep up the good work.
D. Reno, Team Leader.
Team Pump It!
reno1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by reno1 »

Tim Chen wrote:
Great video D&P! That's fantastic! It looked very windy out for that launch too. I would be afraid the wind would take my rocket away. I am jealous because you have no snow there! It's snowing and cold still where we live.

I think we should suggest a rules clarification based on your video. I think they should add that the rocket flight would be not counted if the rocket touches any other objects while flying or descending. A timed flight could be extended by several seconds if a rocket were to fall through trees or land on a roof and then roll off slowly.

What do you guys think of making a rule clarification like this?

Discuss.
Sounds fair to me.
D. Reno, Team Leader.
Team Pump It!
rockets-in-brighton

Post by rockets-in-brighton »

Daan.[D&P]Rockets* wrote:Hi,

Yesterday we launched our class C rocket. It was a test launch because there was a lot of wind..
Altough it reached a height of 106 meter or 349 feet. It made a beautifull onboard movie!!
enjoy!

[youtube][/youtube]

Today we want to go for the record but again there is a lot of wind and clouds..
That's an excellent result from a 1.5 L rocket! Well done!
Cheers
Steve
Rockets-in-Brighton
WEB: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rockets-in-brighton
Daan.[D&P]Rockets*

Yesterday we launched the rocket 2 times. first flight 113meter (373Feet) and the second flight 119 meter(391feet)
But on the second flight the onboard camera switched off.. Low batery..
Better luck next time!

We will atach the nosecone to the rocket next time :)

Thnx for the good reactions!
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Daan.[D&P]Rockets* wrote:Yesterday we launched the rocket 2 times. first flight 113meter (373Feet) and the second flight 119 meter(391feet)
But on the second flight the onboard camera switched off.. Low batery..
Better luck next time!

We will atach the nosecone to the rocket next time :)

Thnx for the good reactions!
Man, that sucks! Sorry you had the battery fail on you. I hope you have everything ready to go again soon.
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Daan.[D&P]Rockets*

Here is the film of the launch of our class C rocket going 373 feet:
[youtube][/youtube]

This was the world record attempt. On the second launch it went 390 feet. But no onboard camera. Also i have not put this flight on youtube. So you have to do it with this launch standing above :) but that is also a nice launch!
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Daan.[D&P]Rockets* wrote:Here is the film of the launch of our class C rocket going 373 feet:
[youtube][/youtube]

This was the world record attempt. On the second launch it went 390 feet. But no onboard camera. Also i have not put this flight on youtube. So you have to do it with this launch standing above :) but that is also a nice launch!
Great work! You have to get that chute deploy timing tightened up. The flight would have been soooo much longer if the rocket didn't fall 30% of the way to the ground before the chute deployed!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Daan.[D&P]Rockets*

Yes we thought of that too. You can see it verry good on the onboard cam and the altimiter. Because there was a drop of about 30 meters before the chute opens. We made the main elastick chute string a lot shorter. So the unfolding of the parachute goes a lot quicker. And we set the timer a sec sooner. Lets see what these adjustments do to the flight time! Lets hope so that it goes over 1 minute.
Andromeda

Post by Andromeda »

Did you delete the video? I get a message saying it is unavailable. :(
Andromeda
No matter where you go, there you are.
- Buckaroo Bansia
Daan.[D&P]Rockets*

Both movies are working greath! I dont know why you cant see them..?
Just go to http://www.youtube.com/daanenpleunrockets there you can find all our movies.
Cloud Dancers
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Cloud Dancers »

Nice video. Good luck next time. Is there any way to replace the battery or charge it between flights. Looks like you have a very niice launch area. Were those birds Geese or swans?

Good luck next time 8)
The Cloud Dancers
Floating amongst the clouds