Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

What materials to use for crushing sleeve staging?

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
avfuelerict
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

What materials to use for crushing sleeve staging?

Post by avfuelerict » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:17 pm

I know I've been asking a lot of question lately. Sorry, but I am having a hard time finding information elsewhere when I perform a search.
I think I want to try to make a crushing sleeve staging device for my rocket. Will pretty much any tubind do, or are some better to use than others? It was recomended to use Tygon 4040 fuel line tubing, but it's a bit pricey and I do not want to put a whole lot more into this school project.

U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: What materials to use for crushing sleeve staging?

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:03 pm

avfuelerict wrote:I know I've been asking a lot of question lately. Sorry, but I am having a hard time finding information elsewhere when I perform a search.
I think I want to try to make a crushing sleeve staging device for my rocket. Will pretty much any tubind do, or are some better to use than others? It was recomended to use Tygon 4040 fuel line tubing, but it's a bit pricey and I do not want to put a whole lot more into this school project.
Any flexible tube will work. You can even use garden hose but you would need to adjust all the other components to account for the larger diameter.

Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison

Batkiter

Post by Batkiter » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:29 pm

avfuelerict wrote:I know I've been asking a lot of question lately. Sorry, but I am having a hard time finding information elsewhere when I perform a search.
Chrushing Sleeve made by Batkiter is the solution! I used siliconhose for my sleeves.
raketen_335.jpg
raketen_335.jpg
Regards Batkiter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:57 pm

That looks like medical tubing. Is that what it is?

Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison