What materials to use for crushing sleeve staging?

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
avfuelerict
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

What materials to use for crushing sleeve staging?

Post by avfuelerict »

I know I've been asking a lot of question lately. Sorry, but I am having a hard time finding information elsewhere when I perform a search.
I think I want to try to make a crushing sleeve staging device for my rocket. Will pretty much any tubind do, or are some better to use than others? It was recomended to use Tygon 4040 fuel line tubing, but it's a bit pricey and I do not want to put a whole lot more into this school project.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: What materials to use for crushing sleeve staging?

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

avfuelerict wrote:I know I've been asking a lot of question lately. Sorry, but I am having a hard time finding information elsewhere when I perform a search.
I think I want to try to make a crushing sleeve staging device for my rocket. Will pretty much any tubind do, or are some better to use than others? It was recomended to use Tygon 4040 fuel line tubing, but it's a bit pricey and I do not want to put a whole lot more into this school project.
Any flexible tube will work. You can even use garden hose but you would need to adjust all the other components to account for the larger diameter.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Batkiter

Post by Batkiter »

avfuelerict wrote:I know I've been asking a lot of question lately. Sorry, but I am having a hard time finding information elsewhere when I perform a search.
Chrushing Sleeve made by Batkiter is the solution! I used siliconhose for my sleeves.
raketen_335.jpg
raketen_335.jpg (145.32 KiB) Viewed 90 times
raketen_335.jpg
raketen_335.jpg (145.32 KiB) Viewed 90 times
Regards Batkiter
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

That looks like medical tubing. Is that what it is?
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison