Newbie intro

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
Richardmg9

Newbie intro

Post by Richardmg9 »

Hello all! I am just discovering this hobby, and it seems right up my alley :) I grew up in Cocoa, Florida right next to Kennedy Space Center, and my grandfather worked there before and during the Apollo space program. I lived with him, and we got into all kinds of trouble with estes rockets as well as RC planes. I am now a 26 year old broke college student. While this hobby definitely looks like it could get expensive quickly, it also looks like a ton of fun even when budget constrained.
So, that's why I'm here. I look forward to lurking for a while in this fine community and eventually starting a project.
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Newbie intro

Post by Brian »

:W
Compared with model rockets, water rockets are very cheap.
What was your grandfathers job?
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

Richardmg9 wrote:Hello all! I am just discovering this hobby, and it seems right up my alley :) I grew up in Cocoa, Florida right next to Kennedy Space Center, and my grandfather worked there before and during the Apollo space program. I lived with him, and we got into all kinds of trouble with estes rockets as well as RC planes. I am now a 26 year old broke college student. While this hobby definitely looks like it could get expensive quickly, it also looks like a ton of fun even when budget constrained.
So, that's why I'm here. I look forward to lurking for a while in this fine community and eventually starting a project.
Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum. :W
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Richardmg9 wrote:Hello all! I am just discovering this hobby, and it seems right up my alley :) I grew up in Cocoa, Florida right next to Kennedy Space Center, and my grandfather worked there before and during the Apollo space program. I lived with him, and we got into all kinds of trouble with estes rockets as well as RC planes. I am now a 26 year old broke college student. While this hobby definitely looks like it could get expensive quickly, it also looks like a ton of fun even when budget constrained.
The beauty of this hobby is that you can get a huge amount of satisfaction from it without spending a lot of money. The rockets are built from common hardware store materials, and they are powered by very low cost energy supplies (even human pump power!). There are many ideas to try and many things to explore that you can be very creative and not spend much money.

Welcome to the fun!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison