Rocket Sled?

Discussions about rockets, construction materials, adhesives, nozzles, nosecones and fin design.
chemdude118

Rocket Sled?

Post by chemdude118 »

I am wondering if anyone has ever built a water rocket sled before. I did in 2010 and am trying to do so this year.
[youtube][/youtube]
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Rocket Sled?

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

chemdude118 wrote:I am wondering if anyone has ever built a water rocket sled before. I did in 2010 and am trying to do so this year.
[youtube][/youtube]
Years ago we put a water rocket on an old ski, and fired it off a few times, but we didn't have a very flat area to fire it off, so it would hit the terrain and turn into a regular flying water rocket. It was just a fun diversion, we never tried doing anything serious with it. Back then there was no such thing as splicing bottles, so we were limited to what we could make.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
chemdude118

Post by chemdude118 »

I have built my Rocket Sled IV and launched it today. In the video below there are two other water rocket sleds that my friends built. It was our monthly contest, who could build a rocket sled and launch it the farthest.
[youtube][/youtube]
chemdude118

Post by chemdude118 »

[youtube][/youtube]
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

chemdude118 wrote:I have built my Rocket Sled IV and launched it today. In the video below there are two other water rocket sleds that my friends built. It was our monthly contest, who could build a rocket sled and launch it the farthest.
[youtube][/youtube]
Wow, you got a lot of distance out of your rocket sled. That goes a lot farther than expected. Nice job!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison