How to connect a valve?

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
Angelo

How to connect a valve?

Post by Angelo »

Hi everybody! I'm trying to extend my launcher with a hose. The problem is that the valve's diameter is bigger than the hose's. :( Do you have any ideas how to connect them? Thanks
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: How to connect a valve?

Post by bugwubber »

Hello!

Do you have a picture of your components or a precise description?

~ Bugwubber

edit- Down below the text box editor is an "upload file" section for attaching photos
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Hello!

I have a rubber hose (outer diameter cca. 1 cm, slightly smaller inner d.) and a tire valve which shown in the picture, I want to connect it with the "inner" part of it to the hose (left in the picture)
Picture (my pc crashed when I tried to upload it here) : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1_t8Hb ... sp=sharing

Angelo
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Hello!

I have a rubber hose (outer diameter cca. 1 cm, slightly smaller inner d.) and a tire valve which shown in the picture, I want to connect it with the "inner" part of it to the hose (left in the picture)
Picture (my pc crashed when I tried to upload it here) : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1_t8Hb ... sp=sharing

Angelo
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

Ok think I've got it. Don't know about parts availability for you but this is what I would do...

Hose to barb x 1/2"male npt adapter (check the inside diameter of the hose and get the matching sized barb, hose clamp goes over the hose and barb)

to 1/2" threaded PVC extender

to 1/2" female threaded endcap.

Drill hole in the endcap to insert your tire valve.

I think if you went directly from barbed/threaded adapter to endcap, there might not be enough clearance for the tire valve.

~Bugwubber
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

actually, I just checked my threaded endcap with a brass screw in adapter, you don't need the pvc extender. Just the barbed adapter and endcap.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Thank you very much, I will try this method